Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Published on Amazon
Guide to the 16 main caminos with maps, pictures, hyperlinks and other information.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Portugal Route MAP

grayland

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
Yes
@peregrina2000 has provided this link to Luis Freixo’s map which shows the various routes in Portugal along with some added information on page 2 of the link.

It is a good idea to get a bit comfortable with this map before deciding on a specific route.

Edited to add — This schematic map also shows the relationship between and among some of the northern routes — Coastal, Central, Littoral, Variante Espiritual

Thanks to @trecile for that info!

Last edited by a moderator:
When you walk the Camino, and suddenly a pandemic appears
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

peregrina2000

Staff member
This is Luis Freixo’s map, and shows the many ways in which you can walk from Porto up to the border.

Anyone interested in walking the coastal route from Porto should take a good look at this map, because there are actually two “coastal” routes. The red line is the ”Coastal” route, while the green line is the “Littoral” route (he designates it as “path of the coastal shore”). Though those two terms are synonymous, the routes frequently diverge. The Littoral route is actually more on the coast, frequently on boardwalks.

It looks to me like the two routes coincide in about 10 or 11 spots, and I’m assuming those are the places with accommodation.

Lots of ways to weave on and off the boardwalks/sand.

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

he.panpub

Past OR future Camino
19 Levante, CP da Costa;18 Sagrès-Santiago;17 Torrès,Primitivo; 16 C Portugues ;15 CF; 14 Podensis
Hi everybody,
To complete the map of Luis, I also hiked a unknown trace that goes from Vigo to Pontevedra in 24 km + the crossing of the Ria de Vigo to Moaña, but there is no markup, no arrow. It was wonderful. I used it twice (in 2018 and in 2019). I don't remember where i found it, but i have my own GPX tracks. I found it on Luis website and it's on the upper left square on the map !!! To have a look of it see :
la variante de Moaña

Last edited:

Ullamae

Past OR future Camino
Hi everybody,
To complete the map of Luis, I also hiked a unknown trace that goes from Vigo to Pontevedra in 24 km + the crossing of the Ria de Vigo to Moaña, but there is no markup, no arrow. It was wonderful. I used it twice (in 2018 and in 2019). I don't remember where i found it, but i have my own GPX tracks. I found it on Luis website and it's on the upper left square on the map !!! To have a look of it see :
la variante de Moaña
Hello, how did you cross the river, is there a ferry? Could you post the gpx tracks or email me please? I'm starting from Porto in 3-ish weeks =)

he.panpub

Past OR future Camino
19 Levante, CP da Costa;18 Sagrès-Santiago;17 Torrès,Primitivo; 16 C Portugues ;15 CF; 14 Podensis
Hello, how did you cross the river, is there a ferry? Could you post the gpx tracks or email me please? I'm starting from Porto in 3-ish weeks =)
There are boats in Vigo Harbour. see this webpage : Regular Line Moana-Vigo. (information: there's a new albergue in Vigo : it was inaugurated on July 1, 2021)
The GPX tracks file is eta39vigo-moana-castineiras-pontev.gpx

Attachments

• eta39vigo-moana-castineiras-pontev.gpx
    67.1 KB · Views: 16

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated