• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Portugal Route MAP

grayland

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Yes
@peregrina2000 has provided this link to Luis Freixo’s map which shows the various routes in Portugal along with some added information on page 2 of the link.

It is a good idea to get a bit comfortable with this map before deciding on a specific route.

Edited to add — This schematic map also shows the relationship between and among some of the northern routes — Coastal, Central, Littoral, Variante Espiritual

Thanks to @trecile for that info!

Last edited by a moderator:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
This is Luis Freixo’s map, and shows the many ways in which you can walk from Porto up to the border.

Anyone interested in walking the coastal route from Porto should take a good look at this map, because there are actually two “coastal” routes. The red line is the ”Coastal” route, while the green line is the “Littoral” route (he designates it as “path of the coastal shore”). Though those two terms are synonymous, the routes frequently diverge. The Littoral route is actually more on the coast, frequently on boardwalks.

It looks to me like the two routes coincide in about 10 or 11 spots, and I’m assuming those are the places with accommodation.

Lots of ways to weave on and off the boardwalks/sand.

Hi everybody,
To complete the map of Luis, I also hiked a unknown trace that goes from Vigo to Pontevedra in 24 km + the crossing of the Ria de Vigo to Moaña, but there is no markup, no arrow. It was wonderful. I used it twice (in 2018 and in 2019). I don't remember where i found it, but i have my own GPX tracks. I found it on Luis website and it's on the upper left square on the map !!! To have a look of it see :
la variante de Moaña

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi everybody,
To complete the map of Luis, I also hiked a unknown trace that goes from Vigo to Pontevedra in 24 km + the crossing of the Ria de Vigo to Moaña, but there is no markup, no arrow. It was wonderful. I used it twice (in 2018 and in 2019). I don't remember where i found it, but i have my own GPX tracks. I found it on Luis website and it's on the upper left square on the map !!! To have a look of it see :
la variante de Moaña
Hello, how did you cross the river, is there a ferry? Could you post the gpx tracks or email me please? I'm starting from Porto in 3-ish weeks =)

Hello, how did you cross the river, is there a ferry? Could you post the gpx tracks or email me please? I'm starting from Porto in 3-ish weeks =)
There are boats in Vigo Harbour. see this webpage : Regular Line Moana-Vigo. (information: there's a new albergue in Vigo : it was inaugurated on July 1, 2021)
The GPX tracks file is eta39vigo-moana-castineiras-pontev.gpx

Attachments

• eta39vigo-moana-castineiras-pontev.gpx
    67.1 KB · Views: 104
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi everybody,
la variante de Moaña
This looks great! Thanks for sharing. I plan to follow this trail in the Spring. We’re you able to collect stamps for your passport in Moaña or elsewhere along this path?

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
Hi, arrived in Porto today starting the coastal camino on Friday! I just found out the hostel I am staying at does not allow pack pick up. Im walking to vila cha 1st day and physically I cannot...
So I’d been given to understand in my pre-Camino research that one could just ask for a copo de agua (glass of water) which is basically tap water on the house. Since arriving in Portugal a few...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back