• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Portugal situation, albergues, covid

Lilla

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi everyone!
Im planning to start next week from Lisbon or Rota Vicentia.
Im still hasitating, all my friend say not to start now, becouse of the covid situation, the highter numbers of illnesses.
I was thinking, if albergues would be open or not, how Hard would it be to fing accomodation for the nights.

If anybody has some information about these questions, please let me know!

Im planning this adventure for a year, but i dont want to be irresponsible at the same time.

Thank you,
Lilla 🙂

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
LISBON, June 24 (Reuters) - Those leaving or entering the Lisbon region each weekend will need a negative coronavirus test or a vaccination certificate, the Portuguese government said on Thursday, with restaurants, cafes and shops forced to close earlier.

“We are in a fight against time between the progression of the disease and the process of vaccination,” Cabinet Minister Mariana Vieira da Silva told a news conference.

Coronavirus cases rose by 1,556 on Thursday, the biggest jump since late February, when the country of just over 10 million was still under lockdown

Are you vaccinated?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
It's impossible to say what the next few days will bring. But apart from the Lisbon situation I can tell you as of now the municipal albergues are closed, private ones are open. And needing the business tbh, I've been alone in the majority of places I've stayed (started Lisbon 2 weeks ago)

It's impossible to say what the next few days will bring. But apart from the Lisbon situation I can tell you as of now the municipal albergues are closed, private ones are open. And needing the business tbh, I've been alone in the majority of places I've stayed (started Lisbon 2 weeks ago)
Hi Phil
It’s still around - good to hear you’re doing okay & happy you’ve got the opportunity to walk.
Keep yourself safe and others too.
Buen camino

Hi Phil,
Can you tell me anything about staying in RubiĂŁes, Vieira do Minho or Tui? Are you anywhere near?
I am leaving Ponte da Barca tomorrow and was wondering about accommodations.
Thank you in advance.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Phil,
Can you tell me anything about staying in RubiĂŁes, Vieira do Minho or Tui? Are you anywhere near?
Thank you in advance.
Hiya. I'm afraid I cannot. They're all North of where I am!

Hi Phil,
Thank you in advance.
Albergue Ninho in RubiĂŁes was open last year so presumably still is. Ideas Peregrinas in Tui is open and recommended.

I stayed at Residencial Repouso do Peregrino in San Roque. The private room with bath was 20€ and included having my clothes washed and breakfast. I had stayed at Casa da Fernanda the night before and Fernanda called and reserved it for me.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back