• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Portugese Camino - what's the best way to get to Tui?

Mr BWE

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés(2012)Inglés (2013),Portugese soon
I'm looking to walk the Portugese Camino in 2015 but, having limited time, wish to start from Tui. How does one get there from the UK? Is it best to fly to SdC and bus down to Tui (if there are busses for that route)?

Thanking you in anticipation,

Mr BWE

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Probably flying into Santiago is best. There are buses every hour from Santiago bus station to Vigo (Monbus) and every hour from Vigo to Tui (ATSA).
For Monbus you need to buy the ticket from the ticket office upstairs, I don't know about ATSA.
There are also buses from Vigo to Valenca, though not so frequent, and Valenca is well worth a visit. It is just across the river from Tui, if you have the time do go and visit the old citadel.
Bom caminho.

Thank you, Sulu, for such a swift and clear response. It think we'll take your advice and go via SdC to Tui and also visit Valenca prior to setting off on the march.

Mr BWE

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
It may not be the best for you. I'm not sure where Bulkington is but depending on where you are you may prefer to fly into Oporto and out of Santiago.
There are busses from Oporto airport to Valenca and Tui at: 9.45; 12.45; 16.45; 19;45 Monday to Friday: Saturday 09.45 and Sunday 19.45.
Porugal is on the same time as the UK, Spain an hour later.
Hope this helps rather than adding to the confusion.
If you were to decide on flying into Oporto and starting in Valenca you would be wise to have a credencial before you start, I'm not sure they provide them at the Albergue, which is next to the Fire Station (Bombeiros).

Hello! My husband and I just travelled from Porto by bus to Valença to begin our camino there on June 25th. Itisabout a 2.5 hour ride from Porto .. we rode on the Rede bus . It was an enjoyable ride. However, we began walking at about 2:30 p.m. this isnot recommended as we were hot, thirsty and unprepared for the walk to porriño. It ended up being a hard first day. visit valenca and Walk part way and stay in tui or somewhere and start fresh in the a.m. Buen Camino! Michele from NYC

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Camino de Santiago Forum mobile app

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back