• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Portugues and Primitivo

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD

Robbinsx3

Time of past OR future Camino
Portugues, Primativo, part of Norte
We did these routes in 2017 and 2019. I would like to find out how the current situation has changed this experience (i.e. masking and accommodations). Is it necessary to make reservations? Is there a current list of alburgues that are open or have closed? We will be walking in March and April.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We did these routes in 2017 and 2019. I would like to find out how the current situation has changed this experience (i.e. masking and accommodations). Is it necessary to make reservations? Is there a current list of alburgues that are open or have closed? We will be walking in March and April.
Better check this item about one month before you travel to Europe.
The situation changes all the time due to Covid. Lockdowns are coming etc etc.
unfortunately there is no crystal ball which can predict the situation in March and April next year.

Definitely changes for the better and the worse on a regular basis. What someone tells you today will likely have little relevance to six months from now.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I did the Portugues in mid-Sept. from Porto, coastal then central from Valença. My impression was that there were quite a few newer, private Albergues & other low cost lodgings available. (Maybe not as cheap as people have reported on the Frances) Camino Ninja app & Wise Pilgrim were good resources. We booked a night ahead via Booking.com or WhatsApp most of the time but saw others who just found a place when they were finished walking for the day.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.