A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Portugues : Best guide book

Gillyweb

Camino(s) past & future
Villafranca - Santiago (2013)
SJPP - Santiago (2014)
Portugues (2017)
Hi all. What in your opinions is/are the best guidebook(s) for the Portugues COASTAL - possibly including the Senda Litoral. I used Brierly when I did the start of the coastal from Porto then moved inland to the central, and as I recall info on the coastal was limited in Brierley. Is there a better, more detailed coastal guide ?

I quite like Wise Pilgrim but it wasn’t too helpful when swopping routes whereas the Brierley maps were.

andycohn

Camino(s) past & future
CF (2012,13,15); Finisterre / Muxia (15); Portugeuse (17); Primitivo (17); Norte (18); Ingles (18)
Brierley’s latest edition (2018) is more complete on the coastal options, with route descriptions, etc. Earlier editions had only maps.

MaryB2624

Camino(s) past & future
August/September 2018
I am in the process of planning our coastal route starting in Porto and I have bought several books including the 2018 Brierley. The book that I have found most helpful in the way it is formatted and the information it provides is the Village to Village map guide: Camino Portugues: Lisbon-Porto-Santiago, Central and Coastal Routes by Matthew Harms. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1947474022/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (1989 and 2016), Portugues - from Porto (2018)
I am in the process of planning our coastal route starting in Porto and I have bought several books including the 2018 Brierley. The book that I have found most helpful in the way it is formatted and the information it provides is the Village to Village map guide: Camino Portugues: Lisbon-Porto-Santiago, Central and Coastal Routes by Matthew Harms. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1947474022/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
One advantage for me of the Village to Village guides over the Brierley is that they are also available in Kindle version so I can take them on my phone with no additional weight. You can do that with the Brierley maps, too, but I like having the full guidebook.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 117 14.8%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.3%