• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Portugues coastal from Porto by bike or e-bike

sirivrhnje

Time of past OR future Camino
None so far, plan to bike the Camino soon (maybe Portugues)
Hi everyone :)!

I would like to cycle the coastal route from Porto by bike soon. Can you please tell me how hard / sloped is the route from Porto onwards? I am a city cyclist, don't have much training up the hill, was thinking or renting a bike or an e-bike. Let's say I have 6 days to do those 240km. What kind of training would you recommend? Thank you in advance and Bom Caminho!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The coastal is very flat. The main part is a boardwalk. You share this boardwalk with pedestrians. Between Marinhas and Viana do Castelo is a part, off road terrain .some parts of that stage are less suitable for biking unless you have a mountainbike and some experience with off road biking.But there you could follow the main road, the N13
It is not a big detour to do that. The worst part is between Castelo do Neiva and Chafé .

If earning a Compostela is important to you then perhaps you might like to check if cyclists with e-bikes are accepted by the cathedral authorities?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Not that I have any interest in breaking the rules... just curious more than anything.... how would they know if you used an e-bike?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I am interest in doing part of the camino coastal after porto by bike. Are there any bike rental places along the way where I can pick up at one town and drop off at another town?

Hi Sofia,

We can connect via facebook if you'd like. My plans have changed, but if anything leads me back to cycling the Camino any time soon, we can be in touch.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! My partner and I are preparing to do around 7 days of the Camino Portuguese route, starting at the end of April. We're flying to Porto from Edinburgh, and looking at the best route to...
Will be walking the CP in Aug/Sep with planning clearly focused to staying (for the most part) on the Litoral. However, (using Brierley's Guide) the stage from A Ramallosa to Vigo sets up quite a...
Doing research for my upcoming Camino, I want to connect from coastal to central in Caminha. According to JB the ecopista is pleasant along the river, but I notice Stingy Nomads recommend the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back