• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Portugues Coastal November Oia to SDC

Herm

Time of past OR future Camino
None-will be first one.Want to do 100-150 km Camino in late November, 2019
Hello. Well I am narrowing down my choices for a Camino in November. I would really like to do the Portugues coastal route from Oia or A Guarda to SDC because I am at my most contemplative moods when near water.
Problem is I'm not sure I can realistically do any more than 15 KM or so a day. I will have about ten days of walking time available. Can anyone suggest a route I might follow to keep to the 15 KM a day ? ( I could stretch that out if needed )
Also I'm assuming I can expect rainy cold weather on that route in mid-late November. Correct assumption?
Thanks for the help !

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
You are as likely to find accommodations closed as bad weather. Plan accordingly by phoning ahead to find what is actually open.

Use the Gronze.com app and open it in Google Chrome there are lots of listings for albergues, when they are open and reviews. You can also download the Buen Camino or the Wisely app for even more options on places to stay. I think they are both free.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Use the Gronze.com app and open it in Google Chrome there are lots of listings for albergues, when they are open and reviews. You can also download the Buen Camino or the Wisely app for even more options on places to stay. I think they are both free.
Thank you. I will check it out.

I walked from Vila do Conde as far as Caminha before turning inland up the river to Valencia and onto SdC in January. Most of the albergues were open but as it is a touristy area on coast many B&Bs were shut for the winter season but some were open as well as some hotels. It will need a little planning to get it to work

I walked from Vila do Conde as far as Caminha before turning inland up the river to Valencia and onto SdC in January. Most of the albergues were open but as it is a touristy area on coast many B&Bs were shut for the winter season but some were open as well as some hotels. It will need a little planning to get it to work
Thank you - Yes, I'm finding out just how much planning !

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Back