Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Portuguese Camino - september

Kch

Year of past OR future Camino
French Camino competed (2019)
Portuguese Camino maybe (2020)
Hi, I’m planning to walk Portuguese Camino start/mid September . Is it possible to do this right now? Are there many others on the path ? Do Portuguese people / auberg owners want people to visit now ? .. ( im Irish)
Thanks!

John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

jungleboy

Spirit of the Camino (Nick)
Francés 2017
Primitivo 2018
Madrid 2019
Kumano Kodo 2019
Português 2020
Hi, I’m planning to walk Portuguese Camino start/mid September . Is it possible to do this right now? Are there many others on the path ? Do Portuguese people / auberg owners want people to visit now ? .. ( im Irish)
Thanks!

Yes, it's possible but there are not many pilgrims at the moment. Here is an updated list of albergue openings from Porto onwards. If you want to start from Lisbon, several albergues appear to be closed (Alpirate, Coimbra, São João da Madeira) but others seem to be open. I am starting from Lisbon tomorrow and will report about openings in a live thread. If an albergue is open, then the owner is willing to accept pilgrims. I see tourists every day in Lisbon so people are most certainly coming to Portugal from other countries at the moment.

Bom caminho!

MauraO

Camino Frances & Camino Portuguese
Thanks!
Hi Kch, We too/two are planning to walk the Portuguese route from Lisbon, 20th September 2020. Perhaps we will see you on the Way :)

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Kch

Yes, it's possible but there are not many pilgrims at the moment. Here is an updated list of albergue openings from Porto onwards. If you want to start from Lisbon, several albergues appear to be closed (Alpirate, Coimbra, São João da Madeira) but others seem to be open. I am starting from Lisbon tomorrow and will report about openings in a live thread. If an albergue is open, then the owner is willing to accept pilgrims. I see tourists every day in Lisbon so people are most certainly coming to Portugal from other countries at the moment.

Bom caminho!
Hi - thanks very much for your reply & intention to report back on status of albergures from Lisbon .i would like to start from there so that would be super helpful . Impression in ireland is that Portugal is very welcoming to tourism right now so if there are facilities open then I think I will try .

Kch

Hi Kch, We too/two are planning to walk the Portuguese route from Lisbon, 20th September 2020. Perhaps we will see you on the Way :)
🙂🏃‍♀️.. I think I will try.. maybe a little bit ahead. If I go it will be this week. I can post back here to update on experience.

jungleboy

Spirit of the Camino (Nick)
Francés 2017
Primitivo 2018
Madrid 2019
Kumano Kodo 2019
Português 2020
Hi - thanks very much for your reply & intention to report back on status of albergures from Lisbon .i would like to start from there so that would be super helpful . Impression in ireland is that Portugal is very welcoming to tourism right now so if there are facilities open then I think I will try .
The first two albergues - Alpriate and Azambuja - are closed. The third, Santarém, also appears to be closed but unconfirmed. Check my live thread to see where we are staying and prices.

Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances