• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Portuguese Camino Shipping Company

Mike C

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (Sept 2016)
I will start walking the Portuguese Coastal Camino on September 4th from Porto. Is there a shipping Company in Porto that can ship my bag with extra things in it to Santiago and hold it there for me until I am finished my Camino?

Thanks in advance. This is my 3rd Camino. I have done the French way in 2016 and 2019 previously.

Mike

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I used a company called Luggage Driver to send a suitcase from Lisbon to Santiago. They will pick up from any accommodation with a reception desk, or they have a couple of drop off points in Porto.

If you have a reservation somewhere that will accept your bag they will deliver it there, or they use Loop Inn's luggage storage. This is the same hotel that Express Bourricot partners with for luggage storage in Santiago. It's very convenient because they have a 24/7 reception desk, so you can pick up your bag on your timetable.

Thanks for this. I was considering mailing a box (probably under 10 lbs) from the airport in Lisbon up to Santiago. Any idea if Luggage Driver is less expensive for a route that far?

Thanks!
Lisa

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks for this. I was considering mailing a box (probably under 10 lbs) from the airport in Lisbon up to Santiago. Any idea if Luggage Driver is less expensive for a route that far?

Thanks!
Lisa
If you use Luggage Driver you can't mail from the post office. They will pick up from a hotel or other accommodation with a reception desk, or you take the item to their drop off point. I think that I paid about 40 euros for a suitcase that definitely weighed more than 10 pounds. The price included storage. I also had to pay 5 euros to the drop off location.

There are other threads on here from people who used the Portuguese post office to mail a parcel or suitcase to @ivar .

Hi Coastlk,

I walked Portuguese Coastal Camino and Variante Espiritual on June. I booked my bagage transfer with Caminofacil.

All worked very well. The only thing you have to do is type a email explaing where you want to stop and and asking for the fare. You can change the stops on the way.

Their email works quickly.

https://caminofacil.net/en/

contacto@caminofacil.net

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
No idea on the answer to your question, but the title makes me want to open a bar called, “Portuguese Camino Shipping Company”!

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back