• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Portuguese Coastal mid October to mid November

mcopeland

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances - April-June, 2016
Portuguese Lisbon-Santiago - October, 2017
We are heading to the Portuguese Camino Coastal from Lisbon route staring October 19th, spending about a month walking plus rest days. Any special challenges about walking that time of year? I've checked temperatures and they seen good (at least to this Texan - 100F right now). I'm hoping we don't need a sleeping bag - we survived fine last year on the Frances late April in really cold albergues with a liner, light jacket and sometimes a fleece. I'm guessing that by the time we get to Porto it will be November. Will we find enough places open? We don't mind hotels or pensiones.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Porto is a very popular tourist destination. there are hundreds of cheap hotels. Weather on the coast is very unpredicatable. prepare for all types.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Back