A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Portuguese coastal route safe going solo?

Hi im thinking about doing the camino Portuguese coastal route end sept this year. Just wondering how safe it is for a solo female woman? Ive done the camino frances and was never on my own. Is the Portuguese coastal way very popular?
Thanks

Advertisment

TaraCM

Camino(s) past & future
Porto to Santiago, Sept 2017
I walked the coastal alone last fall and not once did I feel unsafe. I saw on average 12-15 pilgrims a day for the first week and once the routes merged the number of pilgrims increased significantly. I’m so glad I chose the route I did.

Sidekick

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francis SJdPP to Astorga (Apr 2018)
I'm also doing the coastal route, solo, end of September. Perhaps we'll see each other.

Advertisment

Liana

Camino(s) past & future
CP Coastal July, 5, 2016
CP Central July 25, 2015
CP Interior or Burgos to Santiago 9/18/18???????
Hi im thinking about doing the camino Portuguese coastal route end sept this year. Just wondering how safe it is for a solo female woman? Ive done the camino frances and was never on my own. Is the Portuguese coastal way very popular?
Thanks
I am also walking solo in September, deciding on either the Portuguese interior or central. Maybe we will all meet up along the way! Bom caminho

Camino(s) past & future
Sarria - Santiago 2016 Camino Ingles Oct 2018
Check out "Adventures with Amie" on YT. She is on day 9 of vlogging her solo Portuguese Camino. Not sure if she is on the coastal of interior.

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 85 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 142 26.3%
  • June