• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Portuguese Youth Hostels

ricrog

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (07), Ingles(09), VDLP (09/10/11), Portuguese (12/20), Del Sur (18), Algarve Way(14/17)
Hi Happy Hikers, I'm hoping to add a 4th camino to my "CV". I see that Lisbon - Parque das Nações Youth Hostel is recommended in several publications as a convenient place to stay before starting the Portuguese Camino, but its website says that you have to have the Youth Hostel membership card to stay there. Is this the case or can you just pitch up there? Also will they allow young 64 year olds in the dormitories?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Can't see why they wouldn't let you stay, I've had no problems at all, I'm in a Pousada de Juventudes in Vila Nova de Cerveira at the moment, there appears to be whole families here. You could always book it through hostels.com or hostelbookers.com or one of the similar sites. They just usually want your passport number or a photocopy of it

I'm sure it'll be fine. Have fun, Bom Caminho

Richie

Hi, I know that usually, Youth Hostels require a Youth Hostel card to stay there.

But this is from the Vialusitana's webpage:

- Nas Pousadas de Juventude realizar reserva e informar que é peregrino, não é necessário o Cartão de Alberguista, importante apresentar credencial de peregrino.

TRANSLATION: In the Youth Hostels if you make a reservation and let people know you are a pilgrim, it is not necessary to have the Youth Hostel card. But you must present your pilgrim's credential.

This has also been my experience in Spain, for example in the youth hostel of Cercedilla on the Camino de Madrid.

Buen camino, Laurie

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
You can buy the card there.
I've stayed in both hostals in Lisbon.
Honestly, there is SO MUCH to see there, I'd suggest taking an extra couple of days and staying in the other Youth Hostal (R. Andrade Corvo, 46) at least one night, maybe taking the train to Sintra and staying there one night, and THEN going to the Hostal by the sea.

Lisbon is one of my favorite places in the world.
There is an incredible Museum of Coaches there, as well as a Museum of History.
Sintra has several awesome sights and is just a lovely place to visit in the rainforest.
The train is quick and cheap there.

Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back