• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Post a photo of your arrival.

Time of past OR future Camino
VdlP(2012) Madrid(2014)Frances(2015) VdlP(2016)
VdlP(2017)Madrid/Sanabres/Frances reverse(2018)
I've just been viewing @Theatregal 's photo of her arrival in front of the cathedral in Santiago on another thread. It captures that exhilarating feeling. It would be interesting to see yours.
Here's one of mine from 2014, with my son. Very special. And thankyou to the unknown pilgrim who obliged.
IMG_6077.jpeg

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Camino 5-2009 March 22 taken by a lonely policeman just after dawn!
When I received my fifth Compostela the polyglot clerk checking the records smiled and whispered "See you again next year".

Camino 5-2009 March 22.jpg

Last edited:
May 2011. First Camino.
I am the one going up. With the purple fleece.
When backpacks were still allowed in the cathedral.

Photo taken by my then partner who drove from Belgium to Santiago to pick me up and making lots of pictures of my arrival.
The sideview from me is more than enough exposure...😉

FB_IMG_1665649339895.jpg

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Spain Sept 29 Santiago (13) - Copy.JPG
2012 First camino - can't believe we walked in denims! (just from Astorga)
Grandpa came with us and took the photo - we took a better one of him!

Spain Sept 29 Santiago (15) - Copy.JPG
Then four youngest kids and I came back in 2014 for a 1500km charity walk
IMG_1986.JPG
Four kids and me...
.IMG_1988.JPG

Then 2015 Camino Portuguese celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary
IMG_4447.JPG

Then 2016 Via de la Plata (Grandpa, Daddy and Uncle joined us for a two week stretch in the middle)
IMG_8936.JPG

2018 San Salvador/Primitivo (and I had done the Madrid alone first) (fewer kids every time!)Camino Primitivo San Salvador (848).JPEG

Last edited:
View attachment 134725
View attachment 134726
View attachment 134727
Four kids and me....View attachment 134729

View attachment 134730

Then 2016 Via de la Plata (Grandpa, Daddy and Uncle joined us for a two wee
2018 San Salvador/Primitivo (and I had done the Madrid alone first) (fewer kids every tim
The first photo is definitely iconic.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Subsequent contributors, please post thumbnails. This thread might become difficult to download!

Camino 5-2009 March 22 taken by a lonely policeman just after dawn!
When I received my fifth Compostella the polyglot clerk checking the records smiled and whispered "See you again next year".

View attachment 134720
As I received Compostela number three I said to the volunteer "There it is, my last Camino!" and she made the very same reply "See you again next year".

I did another 3 . . .

1665697219225.png

Last edited:
View attachment 134725

View attachment 134726
View attachment 134727
Four kids and me...
.View attachment 134729

View attachment 134730

Then 2016 Via de la Plata (Grandpa, Daddy and Uncle joined us for a two week stretch in the middle)
View attachment 134731

2018 San Salvador/Primitivo (and I had done the Madrid alone first) (fewer kids every time!)
View attachment 134732

Lovely to see the Kiwi-Family!
End of August I walked from Mondoñedo to Santiago with one daughter and son-in-law, my seven grandchildren (10 to 22) plus one boyfriend. It was their present for my 80 birthday two years ago which had been cancelled during the first lockdown. I would post my photo if I knew how to do it....

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
June 2016. 42 days walking. Claude spoke no English. I spoke no French. We'd seen each other regularly during the last days of walking and saw each other for the last time in front of the Cathedral. This is the language of the Camino!

Attachments

• 20160616_132555.jpg
    20160616_132555.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 92
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I've just been viewing @Theatregal 's photo of her arrival in front of the cathedral in Santiago on another thread. It captures that exhilarating feeling. It would be interesting to see yours.
Here's one of mine from 2014, with my son. Very special. And thankyou to the unknown pilgrim who obliged.
View attachment 134719

Attachments

• EFF7A40C-58BD-434F-93D6-C84A85AB2299.jpeg
    EFF7A40C-58BD-434F-93D6-C84A85AB2299.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 53

€46,-
View attachment 134719

Oct. 2nd I made it to the Cathedral Santiago de Compostel. I started out August 30th from SJPP walking solo. I quickly realized I was never alone! This was the most challenging and best experience of my life! I also realize my Camino didn’t end in Compostel—rather it was a beginning!
Buen Camino everyone!

Attachments

• 165857AB-AA23-46FA-85A0-BA8E9EB87776.jpeg
    165857AB-AA23-46FA-85A0-BA8E9EB87776.jpeg
    802.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 5740889B-DD3D-4CBE-A22C-E9E5FD8B26B9.jpeg
    5740889B-DD3D-4CBE-A22C-E9E5FD8B26B9.jpeg
    644.9 KB · Views: 52
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
View attachment 134719

Here is a photo of us arriving on 27th Sep after walking Camino Portugues

Attachments

• 20220927_132133.jpg
    20220927_132133.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 62
Lovely to see the Kiwi-Family!
End of August I walked from Mondoñedo to Santiago with one daughter and son-in-law, my seven grandchildren (10 to 22) plus one boyfriend. It was their present for my 80 birthday two years ago which had been cancelled during the first lockdown. I would post my photo if I knew how to do it....
Yesterday I turned 53 and at dinner my kids asked what gratitude I have for the past year and what wishes I have for the next year. My gratitude was for seeing them all rally round and support our youngest who has been battling anorexia these past eighteen months. My wish slipped out of my mouth without any premeditation or planning - for our youngest to become well enough for me to leave her for a camino this time next year.
@pelerine you have just given me my 80th birthday present idea! Thank you!
And in between those two, hopefully in 2026, I have my COVID-stopped 2020 Valencia to Muxia walk to undertake.
And many more.

What I did not say in my post, Rachel - the original 80 birthday present included my three children and their spouses. My son and daughter-in-law could not make it this time for professional reasons, but my youngest daughter could not make it because she was diagnosed with acute leukemia last April, has spent a lot of the time since then in hospital, but has had a bone marrow transplant one month ago. Obviously neither she nor her husband joined our walk either. However they were with us all the time and, although she is still extremely unwell, we are making plans for when she will be able to join me not next year, but I hope in 2024.

So I feel for you with the problems of your youngest. Maybe you can bring her along with you on a camino next year - just the two of you. She has been on caminos with you before. I am sending you lots of positive thoughts and hope to see the photo of your arrival with you daughter. Buen camino to the two of you!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
June 25, 2022
My wife flew into Santiago and now meeting me in front of the Cathedral after 5 weeks separation
(we shall enjoy Santiago for 3 days and then walk Camino Finisterre together after that)

It was raining on and off that day...most of the walk from o'Pedrouso was spent wearing the poncho..... but just when I walked into SdC it brightened up enough for me to take the poncho off... but I didn't stop to stash it into the backpack - hence it is bunched up in my hand

Attachments

• Santiago Arrival.JPG
    Santiago Arrival.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

€46,-
View attachment 134719
3407A4A4-B527-42E7-ACDA-9A9CF678E1A3.jpeg

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
First arrival this year, 23, June, 2022, after completing our second Camino Frances from StJPDP, rainy day!
BC279950-E679-4A50-86C6-1689B542DE28.jpeg
Second arrival, 10, July, 2022, after completing the Camino Ingles from Ferrol, hot day!
9D1DAA51-E911-4272-AD05-754D13C50223.jpeg
Third arrival, 29, July, 2022, after completing the Camino Primitivo from Oviedo, another warm day!
4FE1B01C-B43F-4B01-888F-5EDE5F75510C.jpeg
We decided to spend our allowed 90 days in France/Spain walking Caminos to make up for not being able to in 2020 and 2021! We were fairly tired by the end of July! But had a wonderful three months walking, saw amazing scenery and met many fantastic people along the way.

Last edited:
View attachment 134719
A great idea for a thread; thank you, Paul! I am loving all of the photos of forum members and their happy faces of accomplishment, and so many creative poses!
My son and I on our first Camino in 2015 from SJPdP; our first of five others.
20150517_054048.jpg

My two sons and daughter-in-law with me in 2017. We got our distance certificates that year for walking every step; 799 k.
20170521_173435.jpg

€46,-
Exactly 4 years ago today -- Oct. 15, 2018. It had rained all day, but cleared up just as I entered Santiago. So I really didn't care that I looked (and felt) a bit like a drowned rat. 😄

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221015-162827_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20221015-162827_Facebook.jpg
    663.5 KB · Views: 28
I was so overwhelmed and exhausted that I did not take a photo in front of the cathedral.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Continuation of post 38 above!

Have now been able to find photos from our three previous arrivals in Santiago! The ageing process is inevitable 😂 but you also see the progress on the front of the Cathedral between 2014, 2016 and 2018.
2 Oct #31 1304hrs Santiago de Compostela Pat & Anne outside cathedral in Praza do Obradoiro.JPG2nd October, 2014 our first ever arrival in Santiago after completing our first Camino Frances from St Jean Pied de Port.

IMG_3270.JPG26th May, 2016 our second arrival in Santiago after completing the Caminho Portuguese from Lisbon.

20180613_115858.jpg13th June, 2018 our third arrival in Santiago after completing the Camino del Norte from Irun.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
View attachment 134719
2016. We neglected to take photos of us in front of the cathedral but we did get another pilgrim to take one of us at the sign on the outskirts of Santiago. And my husband took this one of me in the streets on the way to the cathedral. It was a cold, rainy day and I think it captured both my elation and exhaustion 😆

Attachments

• C422C28F-6D42-42E5-B757-8D62C83BDDA0.jpeg
    C422C28F-6D42-42E5-B757-8D62C83BDDA0.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 28
  • ECD13C07-CC10-4BD8-B445-74DEE25BCD28.jpeg
    ECD13C07-CC10-4BD8-B445-74DEE25BCD28.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 31
Reached in Santiago on June 5th 2022, from SJPP , my first Camino Walk,
solo , senior, at age 72 , in 34 days of walking , every inch of the path,
on tired and blistered feet on the Camino ( CF)
PLUS 6 days of rest and sight seeing days in Pamplona, Logrono, Burgos , Leon , Sahagun , and Sarria, after slugging about 1000 kms .
It was very hard , difficult , exhausting at times, get caught twice in heat wave, but then
nothing but beautiful, pleasant memories .
Wishing every Pilgrim to get to their destination in good health.

Long live the Camino ,
Cheers and love/ Buen Camino to all .
🇨🇦.

Attachments

• B49B6635-805E-491F-8ADA-7C23FF0B0354.jpeg
    B49B6635-805E-491F-8ADA-7C23FF0B0354.jpeg
    965.6 KB · Views: 28
  • D88C3726-7E3A-477B-8B04-A118C57A3A64.jpeg
    D88C3726-7E3A-477B-8B04-A118C57A3A64.jpeg
    960.7 KB · Views: 42
Reached in Santiago on June 5th 2022, from SJPP , my first Camino Walk,
solo , senior, at age 72 , in 34 days of walking , every inch of the path,
on tired and blistered feet on the Camino ( CF)
PLUS 6 days of rest and sight seeing days in Pamplona, Logrono, Burgos , Leon , Sahagun , and Sarria, after slugging about 1000 kms .
It was very hard , difficult , exhausting at times, get caught twice in heat wave, but then
nothing but beautiful, pleasant memories .
Wishing every Pilgrim to get to their destination in good health.

Long live the Camino ,
Cheers and love/ Buen Camino to all .
🇨🇦.
It all shows!

€83,-

€83,-
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
What are Aarn packs?
A complicated rucksack system where weight in the backpack is counterbalanced by weight carried in large pockets worn on the chest. This review explains the idea.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I just completed the Camino Fracis. I got to the pilgrim office in time to get my compesela, and had a very positive experience there. I dedicated my camino to a close cousin who recently passed...
It's been 5 years since being in Santiago and my perceptions are stuck in a decade ago. But these days it's so much easier to find good vegetarian and vegan food here. Yesterday I had a wonderful...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.