A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Post a picture of your credential!

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP-Finisterre X 2 - 2016 & 2017, El Norte - Irun to Vilalba 2018
I'm interested in seeing the different credentials issued in different countries. I've ordered all of mine from Ivar, and I really liked the colorful one that used on my first Camino in 2016.

20190115_152101-1008x412.jpg
I used the current, more somber looking credential the last two years. 20190115_152039-1008x567.jpg

What does your credential look like?

Last edited:

Oravasaari

Helsinki, Finland
Camino(s) past & future
2015 SJpdP to Fistera, 2016 Leon to Fistera, 2017 CF-Salvadore-Primitivo, 2018 CF run/walk
I first image.jpeghad the SJPdP Carnet de Pelerin de St Jacques Credencial de Peregrino issued at the pilgrim office in SJPdP. I used it for 2.5 caminos by adding extra blank sheets for sellos.

I then got an image.jpegAsturian one at Bodeneye on the Primitivo once the first on got too filled up.

David Tallan

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (1989 and 2016), Portugues - from Porto (2018)
Here's the credencial from the Canadian Company of Pilgrims, as used on my last Camino from Porto. You can't see the first two pages of stamps or the last two, because it is folded so you can see the cover and back page. The other side of the stamp pages has maps of the caminos in Iberia and across Europe and info on using the credencial in English and French.
20190117_073319.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
These are all lovely. I remember last year there was a change and only "official" credentials are now being accepted. I order mine from APOC and I've had no problems, but have wondered what a supposed non-official one looks like.

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP-Finisterre X 2 - 2016 & 2017, El Norte - Irun to Vilalba 2018
I'm hoping that someone will post an Irish credential. I saw one (I think that it was Irish) during my last Camino, and it was lovely.

oursonpolaire

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002, Toulouse/Aragon 2005, Cami S Jaume/Aragon 2007/9, Mont Saint Michel/Norte/Vadiniense 2011, Norte/Primitivo 2013, Norte/Primitivo 2014. Norte 2015, Cami S Jaume/Castellano-Aragonese 2016
These are all lovely. I remember last year there was a change and only "official" credentials are now being accepted. I order mine from APOC and I've had no problems, but have wondered what a supposed non-official one looks like.
IIRC this applies to commercially-supplied and Spanish provincial association credentials. The credentials provided by national pilgrims' organizations (APOC, CCoP, AQC etc) are all authorized by the Cathedral. I haven't seen an "unauthorized" one for years.

Jeff Titelius

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (León to Santiago) 2018
I wonder too...

Stephen

Camino(s) past & future
Twice walked from St Jean to Estella and once from Sarria to Santiago. Maybe someday I'll find the time to do the entire walk.
I've found the time. Just completed SJPP to Santiago. 25 Aug to 1st Oct, 2016.
And now the Portuguese from Lisbon.
The one on the left is issued by the Rioja Friends. I got it in Navarette to replace one I'd lost.
To the right is an Irish passport.

Attachments

Stephen

Camino(s) past & future
Twice walked from St Jean to Estella and once from Sarria to Santiago. Maybe someday I'll find the time to do the entire walk.
Does the design of the Irish one extend onto the other pages/panels?
No. The inside is fairly plain but there's a couple of coloured pages in the centre showing maps of the Camino Norte, Francais, and Portuguese.

Attachments

Camino2010

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés
SJPP to Santiago (2010)
SJPP to Fisterra (2011)
SJPP to Fisterra/Muxia (2012)
SJPP to Fisterra/Muxia (2015)
SJPP to Fisterra/Muxia (2016)
Here's the credencial from the Canadian Company of Pilgrims, as used on my last Camino from Porto. You can't see the first two pages of stamps or the last two, because it is folded so you can see the cover and back page. The other side of the stamp pages has maps of the caminos in Iberia and across Europe and info on using the credencial in English and French.
View attachment 50924
Wow! The Canadian one is very different from my CCoP one I had on my first Camino in 2010! I'm glad to see they've switched to a folding style. Mine was sheets of cardstock paper folded in half to make a stapled booklet, with a bright lime green cover. The paper came away from the staples and there wasn't enough room for all my stamps, but I was proud and happy to have it anyway. :)

I also have a Czech credential from 2012 when I walked a small part of the Camino from Prague.

FB_IMG_1547921147672.jpg

And I have a credential I got in Castrojeriz in 2016. I was surprised to learn they had their own. It made me wonder how many other communities on the Camino have their own too!

20190119_185739_edited credential.jpeg

Jeff Titelius

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (León to Santiago) 2018
Wow! The Canadian one is very different from my CCoP one I had on my first Camino in 2010! I'm glad to see they've switched to a folding style. Mine was sheets of cardstock paper folded in half to make a stapled booklet, with a bright lime green cover. The paper came away from the staples and there wasn't enough room for all my stamps, but I was proud and happy to have it anyway. :)

I also have a Czech credential from 2012 when I walked a small part of the Camino from Prague.

View attachment 51042

And I have a credential I got in Castrojeriz in 2016. I was surprised to learn they had their own. It made me wonder how many other communities on the Camino have their own too!

View attachment 51043
Oh I love this one too!

Stephen

Camino(s) past & future
If you get the passport framed you should keep it out of direct sunlight. The ink used for the stamps soon fades.
There's a hotel in Castrojerez which has framed passports in the bar. Every single stamp on them has vanished over time.

Camino2010

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés
SJPP to Santiago (2010)
SJPP to Fisterra (2011)
SJPP to Fisterra/Muxia (2012)
SJPP to Fisterra/Muxia (2015)
SJPP to Fisterra/Muxia (2016)
I never knew that Correos, the Spanish Post Office were so supportive of Peregrinos
https://www.elcaminoconcorreos.com/en/pilgrimage-stamps
View attachment 51211
I have some wonderful stamps from post offices along the Camino Francés! It took me more than one Camino to learn that many post offices have them though. If you go in, know that most, if not all, have at least two different variations. I got two in Puente la Reina, for example, and Burgos has three! I also bought Camino stamps for putting on letters. Lovely souvenirs.

Mugatu

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, Finisterre, Muxia (2018)
Camino Frances or Norte (2019 , June 27-Aug 8)
If you get the passport framed you should keep it out of direct sunlight. The ink used for the stamps soon fades.
There's a hotel in Castrojerez which has framed passports in the bar. Every single stamp on them has vanished over time.
do you recall the name of the hotel?

Stephen

Camino(s) past & future
Hotel Jacobus.

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Camino(s) past & future
100 characters or fewer : see signature details

The current one is 11 feet long, so sorry for the absence of a close-up.

Last edited:

Stephen

Camino(s) past & future

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Camino(s) past & future
100 characters or fewer : see signature details
How long was your pilgrimage that you needed a psssport so big? :))
It's still ongoing -- I'm briefly back at home for injury reasons, but so far I've walked from Monaco to Aix-en-Provence.

See details of my 2019 Camino in me siggie 👉

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 37 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 132 15.5%
  • May

Votes: 204 24.0%