• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Post-Brexit travel questions

guriinii

Time of past OR future Camino
So, this article was published today and I'm pretty confused.

Brexit: UK travellers to France and Spain may need proof of accommodation

I'm planning to do the Camino Frances next spring, and unfortunately, the days of jumping on a plane into Europe with no worries has gone, it seems, for us British europhiles.

Will I need a short-stay visa for Spain? Are there any extra fees? How do I show proof of accommodation when I'm moving everyday to places you can't book? My head is spinning and I'm probably over thinking.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
As a Brit you're allowed to stay a maximum of 90 days in any 180 day period, with the 180 days 'rolling'. No visa required.

I raised the question about accommodation in another thread, the fact is we're not going to know how or even if a Camino would work until Spain clarifies the rules. The speculation in the UK press spoke about what the requirements 'may' be, nothings been officially announced. You're also talking about next spring, who knows what the situation will be by then, could all be back to normal.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Welcome ......to the world of citizens outside the Schengen Area, I will talk about experience as a Brazilian to enter Spain.
We do not need a visa. Stay in the Schengen Area for 90 days
Exit ticket from Espaço.Schengen.
Document justifying the existence of a place to host. It can be site Booking, AirBnb, does not even need to have been paid.
I am going on my way in September 2021, I have an accommodation reservation in Pamplona, SJPdP and Roncesvalles. It is enough to meet this requirement.

Only with the reservation in Pamplona (train ticket Madrid - Pamplona), it would be part of my itinerary. Meeting the conditions for entry into Spain.

Spanish Government

This is my experience, as I am going to Spain ..... Hug

Last edited:

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back