• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Post Camino Tour

DowtyCamino

Time of past OR future Camino
May-Jn2014
May-Jn 2017
VF Jl-O 2021
Mar-My 2023
Looking for recommendations for a Post Camino Tour (just a couple days). I've already walked to Fisterra and don't wish to repeat that. I'm considering making my way (bus/train) to some lovely wine regions in Portugal - possibly a even a papered wine tour.

Can anyone make a suggestion on where to go and how best to get there.

I'd then depart from OPO or Lisbon. OPO is difficult since flights seem to be quite awkward getting home. Lisbon is much easier for flights...or I could make my way back to Madrid.

I'm really just looking for options to consider for 2-4 days of holiday after walking from SJPdP.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Looking for recommendations for a Post Camino Tour (just a couple days). I've already walked to Fisterra and don't wish to repeat that. I'm considering making my way (bus/train) to some lovely wine regions in Portugal - possibly a even a papered wine tour.

I'd then depart from OPO or Lisbon. OPO is difficult since flights seem to be quite awkward getting home. Lisbon is much easier for flights...or I could make my way back to Madrid.

I'm really just looking for options to consider for 2-4 days of holiday after walking from SJPdP.
What's a "papered" wine tour?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
If you fly out/back from Porto you could just explore that city a few days, including a tour to the port wine cellars ;-) Buen Camino, SY

If you're flying home from Lisboa, Sintra is very nice, with lots of lovely places to visit. And Lisbon itself is of quite wonderful - I'm fortunate enough to go there several times a year for work.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Hi
You can take the train at the station of Porto and go to Pocinho station, almost always along the Douro river.
The most beautiful region of the vineyards (to me) is situated between Peso da Regua and Pocinho.
Train schedules (Porto to Pocinho):
https://www.cp.pt/StaticFiles/Passageiros/horarios/horarios/PDF/r_ir_uc/porto_regua_pocinho.pdf

AMSimoes

Thanks all.

FYI: A "papered wine tour" is a spell-check version of a "pampered wine tour" as suggested! :)
Last Camino I treated my wife to 2 nights at the Parador-Santiago as a gift for walking Spain for our anniversary.
I thought something like Portugal would be nice this year.

Hi, I can highly recommend this trip:
https://www.inntravel.co.uk/holidays/short-breaks/Portugal/Porto-the-Douro-Valley?pg=s
Jill

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi: Porto is definitely worth a few days. Very beautiful city, and lots of chances to take wine tours and port tasting tours. Just my opinion, but I think Porto is more interesting than Lisbon.

Back