A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Post Camino treat

0 Euro Camino Bank Note

Catht

Camino(s) past & future
Future
Hi I'm walking from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela early July and I'm looking for ideas of where to go for a little holiday after. I'm looking for recommendations hopefully not too far from Santiago as we will be flying home from there, preferably along the coast. Thank you in advance.

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP-Finisterre X 2 - 2016 & 2017, El Norte - Irun to Vilalba 2018
Hi I'm walking from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela early July and I'm looking for ideas of where to go for a little holiday after. I'm looking for recommendations hopefully not too far from Santiago as we will be flying home from there, preferably along the coast. Thank you in advance.
I really enjoyed A Coruña. I spent three days there after my second Camino. They have beautiful beaches, streets full of tapas bars, a spherical glass funicular that goes from the top of a hill to the ~20 km walkway around the city, and the Tower of Hercules lighthouse. And just 30 minute train ride from Santiago.

Catht

Camino(s) past & future
Future
Thank you so much this sounds exactly what we are looking for. Can you recommend an area or accommodation.

AllanHG

Camino(s) past & future
Camino France 2015
Camino Portuguese 2017
We finished our last Camino on my birthday (partly by chance and partly by timing) and decided to splurge and reserve a room in the Parador - to celebrate both finishing the Camino and my birthday. We only stayed one night (in a complimentary upgraded suite) and it was a memorable and luxurious way to mark the end of our Camino!

elleley

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (16); Leon-Sarria, Ourense-SdC (17), Burgos-Leon (17), Porto-SdC (18), SalvadorPrimitivo(19)
Muxia!!! And stay at Bela Muxia (in a private room if available) More mystical and relaxed than Finesterre.
Buen Camino!
elle

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
It depends on how much time you have. I enjoyed Muxia for a day or tw, but like a bit more for several days, hence my suggestion of A Coruña.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Well, if they have quite a bit of time, possibly they can work in both locations!

Saranger

Camino(s) past & future
Samos-Santiago 2015 & 2016
Porto-Santiago 2017
Kumano Kodo March 2018
Ferrol-Santiago May 2019
I was just in A Coruña and stayed at the Hostal Alboran. Great location downtown. Short bus ride (or 1.2-1.5km walk from bus and train stations). Affordable, clean, nice staff. Lots of bars, cafes, restaurants nearby and shopping, too!

Tower of Hercules and the waterfront walk are wonderful.

I vote for A Coruña!

Thank you so much this sounds exactly what we are looking for. Can you recommend an area or accommodation.

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
I was just in A Coruña and stayed at the Hostal Alboran. Great location downtown. Short bus ride (or 1.2-1.5km walk from bus and train stations). Affordable, clean, nice staff. Lots of bars, cafes, restaurants nearby and shopping, too!

Tower of Hercules and the waterfront walk are wonderful.

I vote for A Coruña!
I also stayed at Hostal Alboran

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 265 24.4%