• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Post covid.camino

Lisakline

Time of past OR future Camino
I am walking in March and April of 2019.
I had a ticket to Spain for this coming January to do my yearly winter camino. I've cancelled it due to Covid. Backpack remains fully packed and ready though, teasing me. I've decided to do a really long walk when we are safe again, maybe walk for half a year or so. I am looking for recommendations for long walks through Europe. Anyone walked from Santiago to Jerusalem? How long does that take? Or how about Fatima to Poland? Anything sounds good to me. Tell me some good ideas please!!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Wow thank you so much Robo i will watch the movie!!! Just what i am looking for!

Fr Johannes @donjohannes 'sells' these full videos,that you can download, for a small donation.
Proceeds go to a range of charities.
i.e. from as little as A$4.29 to 'buy' it and download it. You'll want to watch it more than once!
Details are below the video in the description on YouTube.

No commercial interest!
Just a fan of his videos :)

I am more of a section walker but am planning to extend the via francigena (I have done half of it which is England to Rome) to eventually reach Jerusalem. There are several posts on this forum so worth searching for them. There is also a Facebook group of a confraternity of pilgrims to Jerusalem.
There is also a website on the Jerusalem way
Heading to Jerusalem is more complicated as you read people's experiences, and at some point will probably involve taking a flight no matter which route you take due to issues in Syria or lack of ferry routes for crossings in the Mediterranean. It would be a tough pilgrimage and guessing from your name, that like me you are female, which may raise further issues depending on route taken to Jerusalem.
Not to dissuade you from Jerusalem, but some of the European network of camino routes may be "easier" to plan. And as I am a fan of the via francigena it would be possible to do it then follow a camino route from Italy to SdeC. That is the glorious nature of the network of pilgrimage routes in Europe, it provides many options!

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Slightly off topic.........

There is an 800 mile walk here in California, walking to all of the historic Catholic Missions that seems like it would be interesting. just FYI

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I had a ticket to Spain for this coming January to do my yearly winter camino. I've cancelled it due to Covid. Backpack remains fully packed and ready though, teasing me. I've decided to do a really long walk when we are safe again, maybe walk for half a year or so. I am looking for recommendations for long walks through Europe. Anyone walked from Santiago to Jerusalem? How long does that take? Or how about Fatima to Poland? Anything sounds good to me. Tell me some good ideas please!!!
My plan for next year was to walk the Via Francigena from Canterbury in England to Rome. 2200 km through England, France Switzerland and Italy ending in Vatican City. This might be an alternative for you. Sadly for me I am awaiting some surgery and depending on recovery will dictate if I now go in 2021 or 2022

A recent lockdown read was "The Crossway" by Guy Stagg published 2018/19. He walked the Via Francigena from Canterbury to Rome and kept on going until he reached Jerusalem. That took him 10 month's. Before reaching Jerusalem he walked down through Syria, full marks to him but not an endeavour to be taken lightly or without serious advice I would suggest.
He did the Via in winter and reckoned he was one of the few to have ever done this in recent history, so something there to aim at.
Buen camino for whatever journey you make post lockdown.
Don.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
My plan for next year was to walk the Via Francigena from Canterbury in England to Rome. 2200 km through England, France Switzerland and Italy ending in Vatican City. This might be an alternative for you. Sadly for me I am awaiting some surgery and depending on recovery will dictate if I now go in 2021 or 2022
That sounds absolutely wonderful, i am going to consider it.

A recent lockdown read was "The Crossway" by Guy Stagg published 2018/19. He walked the Via Francigena from Canterbury to Rome and kept on going until he reached Jerusalem. That took him 10 month's. Before reaching Jerusalem he walked down through Syria, full marks to him but not an endeavour to be taken lightly or without serious advice I would suggest.
He did the Via in winter and reckoned he was one of the few to have ever done this in recent history, so something there to aim at.
Buen camino for whatever journey you make post lockdown.
Don.
Thank you, all options are so exciting.

That sounds absolutely wonderful, i am going to consider it.
I am glad to possibly have been of assistance to you. If you do consider walking the Via may I suggest that you also consider looking at Confraternity of Pilgrims to Rome www.pilgrimstorome.org.uk This organisation provides lots of useful information and there are occasional zoom meetings where you can talk with people from all over the world who have walked or are planning to walk the Via. You can also obtain your pilgrim's credential from them.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello! I would like to take Camino in March 2021. but I am not sure are routes going to be open then. Does anyone maybe now what is with Cathedral and how long is going to be closed? I heard, it is renewing. Thanks!

Most read last week in this forum

An article in the weekend edition of the Irish Times. I hope it can be accessed. If not, just follow the website above. Go n-éirí an bóthar leat, Credit for Gaelic version, @wayfarer...
The official Via Francigena site has published a list of free walks ** happening in 2024. If you happen to be passing through you might want to take part - or avoid that section that day. (**...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back