• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Post Office hours and art shop?

elzi

Hi,

Can anyone tell if if the post office in Santiago is open on saturdays? and possibly what kind of times (fri-sat?)

also i really need to buy some watercolour painting paper, does anyone know of an art shop, maybe walking distance from the centre?

Thanks for any help! :D

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi there,

The Santiago Post office is open from 08:30 to 20:30 (no break) on weekdays, and 09:30 to 14.00 on Saturdays. Sundays and holidays the post office is closed.

Regarding your painting paper, I would try a bookstore called "Follas Novas" located here. They may not have it, but I think they would know were to send you. Plan B would be to ask at the tourist office (100 meters up from the pilgrims office).

Greetings from sunny Santiago,
Ivar

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
in case anyone else is looking for art supplies (you never know-and who wants to carry them around!) i got some watercolour paper in a papeleria on the same street as the bookstore mentioned above however i later discovered a papeleria (am i spelling that right?) on a corner very near the cathedral with plenty of art supplies. on the corner of Rua Do Castro directly up the hill behind the cathedral form the pilgrims office.

Most read last week in this forum

The Galicia Rail pass is available to anyone who completes the Camino and is awarded the completion certificate. It allows for 3 days of train travel and also discounts to other places you may...
Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?
For those who are in Santiago 🙏🏻

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.