A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Post Office Hours during Holy Week

shierly

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (Astorga - Santiago April 2019).
Hi all,

So I've decided to walk the camino from Astorga to Santiago next year starting on Easter Saturday. I've read that the week prior to Easter is holiday in Spain and businesses may be closed or have erratic hours. Does anyone know if the post office will be open on the Thursday at all? I would like to send my big luggage ahead to Santiago and I'm only arriving late on Wednesday. Otherwise I might have to transfer it every day which would take the fun and spontaneity out of the trip.

Thanks!

shierly

Camino(s) past & future
Correos in Astorga will have its normal hours during the week.
I have asked the Correos and they have been surprisingly very helpful, but they told me Thursday will be public holiday and that's the day I arrive in Astorga.

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
yes
I have asked the Correos and they have been surprisingly very helpful, but they told me Thursday will be public holiday and that's the day I arrive in Astorga.
Friday is listed as a holiday, so if they are closed on Thursday, you will have a hard time mailing anything that week. Good luck!

Camino(s) past & future
March/April 2015, Late April 2016, Sept/Oct 2017
I have used Unibaggage to ship luggage from the US to England, and been pleased with their service.-- You would need to before you go, or have some one at home ship it for you. Someone has to be there for the pick up. There are also custom forms etc to fill out before hand, and keep an eye on your email for possible snags. Oh wait. They don't serve Australia. :( But there are similar companies that do.

Camino(s) past & future
March/April 2015, Late April 2016, Sept/Oct 2017
You might also just not take your big luggage. If you really need something, you can always buy it in Spain.

Last edited:

shierly

Camino(s) past & future
Thanks everyone! I'm thinking now I might use the luggage transfer as far as Ponferrada and ship it from there. Unless Easter Monday is also a public holiday?

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 191 24.3%