• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

post office in Burgos and Leon

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
I have searched the forum, and have tried to use the correos website unsuccessfully....so my outstanding dilemma is: I want to send on a small package of dehydrated food to Burgos and then Leon, but I cannot work out which address to use, and then when I get to each town, which post office would be the right one to pick up from.
For example, one listing gave 09080 as the code for Burgos, but none of the addresses on the site match that - 09002 (Pl. Conde de Castro 1/San Pablo) is the closest. So which do I use to send my parcel to? If it is the former, how do I know where to go for collection?

And same questions for Leon.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Rachael,

I assume that you are using the helpful info on mailing from this earlier Forum thread.
Unfortunately Jochen-Schmidte notes "that Spanish post offices store the parcels only for 14 days." His advice might aid or limit your planning. For addressing your package follow Falcon's example. Lista de Correos is the term for Poste Restante

For where to mail I would choose the first Correos bureau listed for each city; it probably is the main office.

PL. CONDE DE CASTRO 1/SAN PABLO
09002 BURGOS
BURGOS

JARDIN DE SAN FRANCISCO 2
24004 LEON
LEON

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Thanks Margaret. I came up with those same addresses but they were different to what someone else has posted, so I was a little hesitant to use them.
The 14 day rule is exactly why we would post our box to Burgos and then on to Leon two weeks later.
Lise, do you think we should take a box from NZPost? It's not an unreasonable suggestion as my hubby carries a large (but largely empty!) pack.
Now my job is to try to co-ordinate my big kids in India to send a postcard to Leon to arrive before we do - would make the little kids so happy, especially when Daddy has gone home again.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back