A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Posting delay...

Should a 20 second delay be introduced to posts to help reflect on comments made?

• Total voters

hel&scott

Camino(s) past & future
2004 St Jean - Santiago, 2008 Seville - Finestere, 2010 Ferrol - Lisbon, 2012 from Cartehenga.
I am not sure if this was just a one off glitch or a new policy on the forum, but I noticed when replying to a recent thred I got a notice to wait a few seconds before posting my comment. I thought this was a brilliant idea, as it gave me time to re-read what I wrote. This could be the answer to what was raised in the Peace and Love thred where we are all reminded to take part in the forum with the same love and respect we aim for on the Camino. But on reflection, would a small automatic delay in which we are asked to reflect on our thoughts and comments be accepted by members, or result in an outpouring of moans about delays?

Advertisment

Theatregal

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
The first few:
2012 ~ 2018
@hel&scott There isn't a time limit on posting - always lots of time to re-read. In "More Options", you can preview your post before posting as well. And as @jsalt mentions, editing and deleting are always available. I think an "automatic delay" would cause frustration...especially for those who are very sure and confident with what they've written :) I tend to be a re-reader and preview person.

Advertisment

hel&scott

Camino(s) past & future
2004 St Jean - Santiago, 2008 Seville - Finestere, 2010 Ferrol - Lisbon, 2012 from Cartehenga.
@hel&scott I think an "automatic delay" would cause frustration...especially for those who are very sure and confident with what they've written :) I tend to be a re-reader and preview person.
You are probably right. I use the edit function a bit myself, usually due to my fat fingers resulting in some odd spelling. First time I've used the question function though, odds on yes winning this poll are very slim!

dougfitz

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Mar 2010, May/Jun 2016, Sep 2011, 2012, Apr 2014, St Olav's Way 2018
You are probably right. I use the edit function a bit myself, usually due to my fat fingers resulting in some odd spelling. First time I've used the question function though, odds on yes winning this poll are very slim!
I wasn't tempted to vote on your sanity, but if you insist ...

Camino(s) past & future
Camino frances 2013; Camino portugues 2015; Via francigena 2016
I certainly support the goal of greater civility by writers but I don't feel a site imposed 20 second delay will help. When responding before writing anything please be sure you have read carefully and understand the post on which you wish to comment. Compose a concise relevant and constructive response and then reread it. Think about it, ever overnight. If it still seems like a good idea, hit "post reply"!
Buen camino!

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
P Announcements 1
nellpilgrim Announcements 3

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 85 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 141 26.2%
  • June