• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Posting excess luggage

lever

My husband and I are planning to walk from Le Puy to Conques late September. In 2008 we did part of the Spanish Camino and we were able to post luggage we did not need onto Satiago. Is it possible to forward the same to a Post Office in Conques from Le Puy?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Yes - quite possible. I did it from both Le Puy and from Vezelay too. Just be careful that you work out when you want to access it as I think the post offices are only open Sat. mornings on the weekends (and I wouldn't depend on it - I think there were some places that they weren't when I was last there). Weekdays are fine (although sometimes there is a big siesta at lunchtime if you were wanting to get your gear and move on). I used to post things like my guidebooks for the next leg on ahead and then collect them when I got there. Conques would be an easy place to collect things as there is probably only one PO. I used to select a town big enough to have a PO but not one so big that it had more than one and I would have to guess as to which one to go to!

By the way is Bundaberg the QLD town or is there another in the world? Cheers, Janet

Thanks Janet, that's going to be a great option as we have quite a length of time before we return to Australia. I'm thinking it would be good to have other items of clothing instead wearing one set of clothes and have the other in the backpack or trying to dry! Yes. Bundaberg, Qld.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back