• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Posting from france to Camin travel centre.

Patricio83

Hi all.
I'm walking the Camino from SJPP at the end of March and I want to send some items that are unnecessary for the camino from France to the Travel Centre in Santiago. Does anyone have any information with regards to prices etc?
Cheers. Patricio.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I wish I could remember how much it was. I'm thinking 30 euro ??) or so, that includes the box and shipping. Of course, it also depends upon how much you are sending ahead to yourself.

Kelly

Kelly is right bout the cost. How much it costs to send a parcel from France to Spain depends on the weight and size of the package. From Spain to Spain costs less than France to Spain.
Maybe some info here http://www.laposte.com/en/Visiting-Francebut it is complicated to figure out how much really or here http://www.laposte.fr/Particulier/Consu ... rifs-Colis.
(colis = parcel). The camino Travel Center is going to charge you for keeping your parcel but their service is very much worth it.

Buen camino
annie

PS. The Post Offices in Spain keep the parcels for about 14 days, the camino travel center for as long you prefer.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you both for the replies.
Unfortunately I am already booked up for a flight into Biarritz so I will have to start my Camino in France. I imagine travelling on to start the Camino in Roncesvalles or elsewhere would cost more than just posting the extras (sleeping bag, daypack and a few clothes) from France.

Patricio.

Hi Patricio,
That is the best plan ever. I did my Camino last fall starting in SJPdP (but flying into Paris). I wish I had mailed my extras from France before starting my pilgrimage but no...I carried the extra bits up over the big hill(s) all the way to Pamplona. It cost under 10Euros to post my stuff to Santiago from Pamplona and it was waiting there for me at the Travel Centre when I arrived. If I had a do-over, I would definitely send my extras BEFORE I started my Camino, regardless of the cost difference.
Buen Camino!
Bill

Actually, Patricio, it shouldn't cost you too much more to start in Roncesvalles & you might not have to take a taxi. You can take the train from Biarritz to Irun & on to San Sebastian (look at the map above, Biarritz is the airport that serves Bayonne), then on to Pamplona, where you can take the bus or taxi to Roncesvalles, depending upon when you arrive. A little awkward, but it can be done. :)

But yeah, if you're going over the mountain, shipping your stuff ahead is worth it.

Kelly

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I sent two parcels from France last autumn, one from Le Puy to Santiago and one from another French town to Norway. Neither of them arrived. I payed 26 euro for the each.
Next time I will wrap my packpack in plastic at the airport instead of a bag, take not too much things and buy me what I need when I arrive. Even if it was my third camino I had brought too much to carry. Expensive and annoying. When will one learn?
ranthr

Thanks for all your comments and advice.
I'm going to look into WolverineDG's idea of getting to Roncesvalles, or maybe just Pamplona, via Irun and San Sebastian. I will be travelling on after the Camino so I will still need to send some extra weight onwards and sending it within Spain will be cheaper and hopefully safer.

Cheers.

Patricio.

Patricio, what you can do is take the train to Irun, then take a bus to cross the border to San Sebastian, which will stop in the downtown area. There are several bus companies there, & you should have time between buses to find the one going to Pamplona. I wish I could recall the name of the bus that took me from San Sebastian to Pamplona, but I can't. :(

Kelly

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back