• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Posting luggage to Rome

Hurry Krishna

Indian on the Way
Time of past OR future Camino
2009 (from Sarria), 2014 from St Jean Pied de Port, 2016 from Porto, 2018 from Le Puy to Santiago.
We are planning to walk the via Francigena reaching Rome in mid November. Is there anywhere where we can send a small package with some clothes to be held for us - something similar to the luggage arrangement at Ivar’s address in Santiago. The package will need to be held for us for about 2 or 3 months. Thanks for your advice.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi
This question pops up on the forum here, the VF forum and also on the VF Facebook Groups.
Unfortuntely as far as I know there is no easy answer to this. There is no equivalent to Ivar in Rome. There are commercial businesses like https://bags-free.com/ but they are pricey for that long. You could try to make arrangements with a hotel in Rome but again given the long time frame it is not likely in most cases. Poste restante is not feasible for that sort of time period - I think for parcels in Italy it is only 2 weeks.
Maybe someone else has more ideas...

2-3 months? Unless you know somebody that lives in Rome, not likely ...
BC SY

PS Edited to add: I might be a long shot, but have you asked your embassy in Rome?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Would it be possible to leave your parcel with a friend somewhere in the EU (to avoid customs problems) and have them send it to an address in Rome closer to your arrival date? Might be a cheaper solution.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We are planning to walk the via Francigena reaching Rome in mid November. Is there anywhere where we can send a small package with some clothes to be held for us - something similar to the luggage arrangement at Ivar’s address in Santiago. The package will need to be held for us for about 2 or 3 months. Thanks for your advice.
I very much counsel against relying on the Italian postal service.

I have sent and left packages with convent where I know a Sister. They run a hostel in Rome. If you book a room with them they may be willing to hold a box. PM me for more details.

I have sent and left packages with convent where I know a Sister. They run a hostel in Rome. If you book a room with them they may be willing to hold a box. PM me for more details.
Thanks. Will PM if we decide to follow up on this option. For the moment most seem to be suggesting not sending stuff ahead,

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

The official Via Francigena site has published a list of free walks ** happening in 2024. If you happen to be passing through you might want to take part - or avoid that section that day. (**...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back