• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

(Postponed - new thread made) Journalism student filming documentary this summer - interviewing pilgrims!

jj-now

Time of past OR future Camino
Past: Camino Frances, walked from 6-Feb to 3-Mar-17.
Future: Camino Frances for summer 2019
Hi all I'm James,

I finished the Camino Frances on foot in March 2017, and will be returning soon. It would be great to meet some of you walking the Camino this year, and chat/cover at different stages of your pilgrimage. In second year I filmed, interviewed for and reported a variety of local stories ( jj-now.wixsite.com/news ). For my third and final year of study, I will produce a 15-20 minute documentary movie, showing some of the Camino's sights, history and the interesting people taking on the famous pilgrimage.

It would be fantastic for any of you walking this summer to meet up at different stages throughout the path, to show what the Camino means to you.

Please do get in touch and Buon Camino!

~ James

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi all I'm James,

I finished the Camino Frances on foot in March 2017, and will be returning soon. It would be great to meet some of you walking the Camino this year, and chat/cover at different stages of your pilgrimage. In second year I filmed, interviewed for and reported a variety of local stories ( jj-now.wixsite.com/news ). For my third and final year of study, I will produce a 15-20 minute documentary movie, showing some of the Camino's sights, history and the interesting people taking on the famous pilgrimage.

It would be fantastic for any of you walking this summer to meet up at different stages throughout the path, to show what the Camino means to you.

~ James
Hi My name is Jaime I've done El Camino 3 times 2011 bicycle 🚲 from Ponferrada by myself.
2014 Walking with 20 other friends from Triacastela and last year with a friend, bicycle 🚲 from SJPD. Let me know if you need anything to help you with your project.

Hi James, my wife and I are starting our first camino in Astorga at the start of October. Hope to see somewhere along the route. Both quite nervous but also very excited! Jon

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi My name is Jaime I've done El Camino 3 times 2011 bicycle 🚲 from Ponferrada by myself.
2014 Walking with 20 other friends from Triacastela and last year with a friend, bicycle 🚲 from SJPD. Let me know if you need anything to help you with your project.
Hi Jamie
We are planning a very short Camino to introduce a friend to the joys of a pilgrimage and plan to start from Tricastella next year. How did you get there to start?

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hi James, I start my 8th Camino Francis may 29. I am bringing my two granddaughters ages 14 and 21. The 21 year old walked it with me two years ago and is anxious to go back. We reach Santiago on June 27. Feel free to contact me if interested.

Hi James,

will do the Camino Francès from 01. July until 30. July this summer.
Flying from Germany on the 30. June via Paris to Bayonne, taking the train to SJPdP. Leaving SJPdP on the 1. July.
Maybe we can meet on the walk, if you do your work in the same timeframe.

Buen Camino!
Roland

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi there
I‘ll leave SJPP 10th of June. Maybe we‘ll meet?
Buen Camino!

Hi all I'm James,

~ James
I can't make it this year but Buen Camino and prayers for you and your project 😀

Hope you have fun doing this. It sure sounds like it would be an interesting project. I’m planning to leave SJPdP on May 31st, God willing. If I can help you in any way, please reach out. Buen documentary!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi James!

I will be starting on June 1st to do the entire thing for the first time. I have done only a week before. My mom who has just finished the French one will be joining me for 5 days! I am moving back from Egypt to Canada by way of the Camino with a compelling story about the Camino.

Would love to chat!!

Thanks!
Abby

Hi James!

I will be starting on June 1st to do the entire thing for the first time. I have done only a week before. My mom who has just finished the French one will be joining me for 5 days! I am moving back from Egypt to Canada by way of the Camino with a compelling story about the Camino.

Would love to chat!!

Thanks!
Abby
Buen Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi James, I start my 8th Camino Francis may 29. I am bringing my two granddaughters ages 14 and 21. The 21 year old walked it with me two years ago and is anxious to go back. We reach Santiago on June 27. Feel free to contact me if interested.

Hi Sharon,

I reach St-Jean-Pied-de-Port on May 29th. When do you expect to reach Pamplona?

Many thanks!

Hi James!

Would love to chat!!

Thanks!
Abby

Hi Abby,

I leave St-Jean-Pied-de-Port on May 30th, so could probably meet you in Pamplona or somewhere if all's good for you!

Many thanks

Hi Sharon,

I reach St-Jean-Pied-de-Port on May 29th. When do you expect to reach Pamplona?

Many thanks!
Wow, I will be in St Jean on May 29 too. Staying at Beilari which I highly recommend for a great Camino family experience. We will be in Pamplona on June 1. Hope to see you

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back