• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Posts on your profile page

peregrina2000

Staff member
I have a question for Ivar or one of the tecchies. If someone posts something on my profile page, will I get an alert? I was just on that page a few minutes ago and saw all these messages I hadn't ever seen. I even saw that someone had "liked" a post on my profile page -- how does that happen? Do many people use the profile page to communicate with other forum members? I always use the Private Conversation -- I know I get an alert when someone answers one of those. Thanks as always for making me less of a luddite. Laurie

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I recently discovered those posts myself and wondered about alerts.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I had a message on my profile page. I had seen it before, but thought it was an ordinary conversation. I must have got an alert because I'd never have found it otherwise (unless it was re-sent as a conversation when it initially didn't get a response!)

Hi all,

You can configure all your alerts here:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/account/alert-preferences

Just to clarify, an "Alert" does not mean you get an email, but that there will be a small red "1" in the "Alert" section (top right). You can see the last 4 days of your alerts by clicking "Alerts" (top right). It will show you this page:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/account/alerts

Please note: Profile posts are not private. It is a public conversation between two people.

I hope this makes sense.. :)

Greetings from Santiago,
Ivar

Thank you Ivar. I didn't know the settings page was there either. I like that!!

Thanks Ivar, makes a lot of sense! Off to check for profile posts now and adjust alerts. My apologies to everybody that might have left a message and never got an answer from me. Buen Camino! SY

If you go into the privacy settings it is possible to select the option for profile posts to only be made by people you yourself follow and not all members, as well as then setting alerts. This is useful if you want to keep the number of such public postings within a given group. I like this setting as it does mean that there need not be too many posts and alerts and folk can always PM you.

If you go into the privacy settings it is possible to select the option for profile posts to only be made by people you yourself follow and not all members, as well as then setting alerts. This is useful if you want to keep the number of such public postings within a given group. I like this setting as it does mean that there need not be too many posts and alerts and folk can always PM you.

Thanks, Tia. That's a great idea. I just never look at the Profile page, so closing it off that way makes a lot of sense to me. I really strongly prefer the PM (or Private Conversation, as it's called here). Buen camino, Laurie

It seems that many of us are in the same boot. I found posts that I never knew were sent. Now off to check if there is an option to cancel profile posts. It would seem much easier just to send someone a PM rather having to look in two places. I must have been sleeping, I never knew that you could configure alerts.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.