• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Power converter with two usb ports

Swinslow

Great Fundamental Book to Read Pre Camino
Time of past OR future Camino
2014 & 2016 comp. + 15 day hospitalera/Ribadiso. Future: Via Francigena y Camino Portugues.
Has anyone found a power converter (US110-220) with electrical prongs for Spain outlets that has two usb ports? I don’t need the ability to plug a standard prong 110v, FOR usb ports, preferably 2 or more. I have a camera and an android phone I would like to charge at night and just take one side of the socket. Plug in both piece of equipment with usb only to the power CONVERTER.
Thanks!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Has anyone found a power converter (US110-220) with electrical prongs for Spain outlets that has two usb ports? I don’t need the ability to plug a standard prong 110v, FOR usb ports, preferably 2 or more. I have a camera and an android phone I would like to charge at night and just take one side of the socket. Plug in both piece of equipment with usb only to the power CONVERTER.
Thanks!

http://www.tmart.com/Dual-USB-Travel-Charger-Adapter-EU-Plug-for-iPhone-iPod-iPad-White_p212793.html

This is what you need for charging your android phone and camera, you don't need a CONVERTER! Unless your electronics are ancient, modern android phones and newer digital cameras are dual voltage and switch automatically when plugged in.

If the devices charge via USB then what they need is an USB port. The port output (5V??) is the same no matter if it's in your car 12V system,you computer,a North American charger or European.

One problem you'll face is many are only 1amp . Which is too low for bigger devices. The ones aimed at tablets tend to be 2amp . But the ones with multiple ports don't always deliver full power to all the ports. So check that.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EJA28ES/?tag=casaivar-21

The package offer from Amazon includes the various cables for Europe and North America. Maybe Amazon.us has something similar.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks Miguel. I will be in Pamplona Wednesday so hopefully they have one at the store!

My android requires converter, says so in information. It says can charge but likely to damage unit. I need one with two usb ports, or at minimum, one.
My mac product doesnt need voltage converted, just the droid which is less than 12 months old. Already searched amazon they have them only in EU TO US.

My android requires converter, says so in information. It says can charge but likely to damage unit. I need one with two usb ports, or at minimum, one.
My mac product doesnt need voltage converted, just the droid which is less than 12 months old. Already searched amazon they have them only in EU TO US.

If your item charges through a USB port, it's regulated to 5V output whether it's plugged into a 110V or 220V, it won't destroy your device.
Good luck trying to find a transformer that is lightweight and portable.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I bought this one from Amazon and will bring both the US and the EU (Spain) adapters. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006VP6X4U/?tag=casaivar02-20

Any comments or concerns on this?

What are you charging? The only obvious thing is the 2amps are shared over the four ports. If you are trying to charge two larger devices it'll be slow. Or for that matter four smartphones will be slow .

If you're only using one port then this isn't an issue.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
What are you charging? The only obvious thing is the 2amps are shared over the four ports. If you are trying to charge two larger devices it'll be slow. Or for that matter four smartphones will be slow . If you're only using one port then this isn't an issue.
Yep, know that the amps are shared over the 4 USB ports. I have a plan up my sleeve though. If I am just topping off for the evening I'll use this one and offer up my empty ports (or people I'm sure will just plug their stuff in anyway :) ). If I need a full charge I have a 3.1amp charger that I'm bringing. Yes I know, extra grams but extra amps!!!! Or if weight becomes an issue before I even get on the plane, the 4 port is on my optional list.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.