Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

practical bank info please

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.

mspath

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
There are several banks in Muxia. Whether they change foreign currency I do not know. Google the two terms, banks Muxia and you get a list including ATMs located on a small map. Tomorrow, 2 May 2016, is a holiday in much of Spain and banks will be closed.
If you desperately need to change funds and the banks are closed try a large hotel.

Last edited:
C

Castilian

There are banks in Muxía. And, AFAIK, May 2nd isn't public holiday in Galicia. OTOH, no idea if any of the bank offices in Muxía will change the currency you want to change into whatever currency you want to change it.

Most banks in Spain change currencies (not sure if just to clients or to anyone) so if you want to get Euros from one of the other main currencies, you have good chances of being successful (even if you give a hard time to the employees of the office if they aren't used to make currency exchange). If you want to Exchange Euros into other currency, you may find the office doesn't have the currency you want in stock and has to request it what takes time (i.e.: you wouldn't get it on the day)...

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
Also remember to take your passport with you to the bank when changing money, some years ago I was asked to show mine when doing the same. SY

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads