• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Practical Pilgrim Day in Manchester

nidarosa

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Enjoying the camino since 2009
The NW UK based pilgrim group Ultreia Mancunia are arranging their annual Practical Pilgrim Day 14 March, with presentations, talks and discussion for pilgrims old and new, and of course a tapas meal after with general camino conversations. Come along to chat, learn, ask or answer questions and enjoy pilgrim company off the camino!
Sign up for your ticket on the CSJ event page here: Ultreia Mancunia Practical Pilgrim Day

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Just to add, for those who can't come but who live in the North West of the UK and would like to join the Ultreia Mancunia Facebook group, it is here: Ultreia Mancunia. There will be more info there about walks, meet-ups, practical pilgrim days and photos from members' walks throughout the year.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I don't think I'm on mailing list.. I follow that much camino stuff I've got no idea what I'm actually subscribed to 🤣 yeah I could hopefully drive over for the meal, I'll have a look at hotels etc and get back to you. To be honest it's probably best if I don't come to the sensible bit anyway, I'd probably end up getting told off 😛

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Are you on the facebook group? There will be more info on the where and when etc there.
Yeah I'm a member. I can't find details of the meal in the latest post.. although I do seem to remember something about el Rincon ages ago.. or maybe it was a dream 😛
I'm planning a couple of training weekends march/April in Manchester (well, edale etc) so could hopefully come meet you all and then walk on the Sunday

Sounds like a good idea - see if anyone wants to join you? The meal thing isn't up yet, but it will, and El Rincon sounds about right, it's not too far from the place we have the PPD either. Hang in there in case someone cancels though!

Sounds like a good idea - see if anyone wants to join you? The meal thing isn't up yet, but it will, and El Rincon sounds about right, it's not too far from the place we have the PPD either. Hang in there in case someone cancels though!
Are you involved in the running of it? If so then please keep me in mind if someone cancels.. inviting people on the training walk sounds fun.. I guess a day walking with me would be a good taster for some aspiring pilgrims.. if they can cope with me waffling on they can cope with anything 😀

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Yes, I do have a hand in proceedings so I'll keep you in mind. There are quite a lot of people in the FB group now, so you could mention it there and see what response you get? Probably depends on the route you are planning etc as well. I'll be coming back from Galicia the week before so might actually have legs to keep up with you!

Yes, I do have a hand in proceedings so I'll keep you in mind. There are quite a lot of people in the FB group now, so you could mention it there and see what response you get? Probably depends on the route you are planning etc as well. I'll be coming back from Galicia the week before so might actually have legs to keep up with you!
Yeah, I'll have a look at a route (more than welcome to suggest one) and then offer it as a meet up on the Sunday. I was going to reply to the advert on FB saying that my invitation to speak must have got lost in the post but I don't think people on there are as used to my sense of humour 😛

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Just a gentle reminder @nidarosa and @andywild - use the PM facility when the thread turns into a private conversation. All good here, nothing to be concerned about.

Good point, @Kanga! Will do. Hopefully more NW camigos will still find this thread and our group, even if the tickets are sold out. There will be a meal after and now it looks like there could be a Sunday walk as well.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.