• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Prague to Nuremburg - May 2012

Kitsambler

Jakobsweg Junkie
Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP 2023
So ... it appears I will be in Prague on 15 May (conclusion of a cruise up the Elbe with my father, bless him , he turns 83 in January). I want to be in Paris on 14 June (opera schedule). So I could walk Prague to Nuremburg, then take a train to Paris. Or, I could take train to Geneva, and walk Geneva-Le puy, then go up to Paris.

Or something in-between.

Anyone have a suggestion? Or a vote? I'm good for about 20 km/day as an average

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Attachments

• Deutschland-Uebersichtskarte.jpg
    Deutschland-Uebersichtskarte.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 1,292
  • prag-tillyschanz-nuernberg_nuernberg.jpg
    prag-tillyschanz-nuernberg_nuernberg.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,296
I am several days into my walk from Prague now. The terrain is rougher and the weather is cooler than I anticipated. But it is all still very interesting! Details on my regular blog (linked under the Le Puy route), Http://Kitsambler.wordpress.com

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
That is fabulous! I wondered which route you had decided to do. I'll follow you on your blog and if you have anything to add about the route which I can add to my book I'd be grateful for info.

Hi Sil, I'm assuming anyone seriously interested in walking this has the German-language route description in hand. Of course the stage planning by the Germans is much too ambitious for me. My current stage plan in CZ is as follows, and I will update it at the end for accuracy:
Prague
Radotin
Karlstejn
Beroun
Roztoky
Skryje
Zvikovec (half day)
Liblin
Kralovice
Plasy
Horni Brizat
Plesnice
Stribo
Kladruby
Hostroun
Eslarn, DE

This is a few days longer than originally hoped for in CZ, but I still think I can make it to Nuremburg in the allotted time.

…and then along the spine of a slate ridge…with a steep drop-off on either side and a poorly marked track of native rock underfoot…………then I had to crawl over and under several downed trees lying across the path: this bit was a real obstacle course! -Kitsambler's Blog

Hi Kitsambler, it sounds like you’re having an excellent time over there. I'm enjoying your blog. Your description of a Communist era hotel (Radotin,14 May) made me laugh. A few years back I stayed in one almost identical to yours situated close to central Prague. The architecture was purely functional, no fripperies whatsoever, grim plumbing and a clanking lift. The empty corridor had a naked bulb swinging on a wire and my imagination peopled the gloom with Cold War spies and secret police.
Cheers, Lovingkindness

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Dear Kitsambler,
I was very sorry to read of your misfortunes the other day between Zvikovec and Liblin. I hope your recovery is speedy. I had a look at the area on Google maps to see what you were up against. That's quite a bendy river. No wonder it took a while for your rescuers to find you. Your descriptive writting is excellent. Thank you for sharing.

Take care,
-Lovingkindness

Thanks LK. I am continuing to mend, and count my blessings daily. In a few more days I should be ok to continue traveling.

I'm back on my feet and walking in Germany, beginning at the Czech border with the goal of reaching Nuremburg in the two weeks I have remaining. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and encouragement!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Arrived safely in Nürmberg today! Will be updating blog details and working on photo files when I am back home in a week.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back