• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Prayer/good thoughts/good vibes requested!

I have been planning to take my Camino this coming May. However, there is a situation at work which might make me postpone my trip. If you are so inclined, please send positive prayers/thoughts/vibes my way that all is in order & will straighten out to the best for all involved. I would love to go in May, but if it's not to be, so be it; I'll go in the fall. But this situation needs to be taken care of before I leave for over a month. :)

Thanks so much!
dg

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi DG,
I feel your anxiety, I have been there. Before my camino, I read Joyce Rupp's book and her 24 lessons are well heeded. I didn't take the whole book, but I wrote down the 24 statements and began to study them before I went. They were great meditations for walking the camino. Every time something would come up, they would flash before my mind.
When I got to SdeC, I was overwhelmed with the thought, Thank you God not for the camino that I wanted, but the camino that you have given me.
I honestly believe that the camino is a gift and that we do not choose but are chosen for the camino that we experience. I pray that you will be thankful for the camino for which you have been chosen. John

Dear Wolverine,
My prayers/thoughts/vibes are directed your way so that you can walk in May as planned. But if you must tend to other priorities in your life, do so and hold on, the camino is there awaiting for you and whichever time it is, it will be the perfect one for you!

Remember: there’s a time for every purpose under heaven

There is a season - turn, turn, turn
And a time for every purpose under heaven

A time to be born, a time to die
A time to plant, a time to reap
A time to kill, a time to heal
A time to laugh, a time to weep

To everything - turn, turn, turn

A time to build up, a time to break down
A time to dance, a time to mourn
A time to cast away stones
A time to gather stones together

A time of war, a time of peace
A time of love, a time of hate
A time you may embrace
A time to refrain from embracing

A time to gain, a time to lose
A time to rend, a time to sew
A time to love, a time to hate
A time of peace, I swear it's not too late!

Buen camino in all the caminos of your life!

Lillian from San Juan, PR

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Original

Here's the original:

There is an appointed time for everything,
and a time for every affair under the heavens.

A time to be born, and a time to die
A time to plant, and a time to uproot the plant.

A time to kill, and a time to heal
A time to tear down, and a time to build.

A time to weep, and a time to laugh
A time to mourn, and a time to dance.

A time to scatter stones, and a time to gather them
A time to embrace, and a time to be far from embraces.

A time to seek, and a time to lose
A time to keep, and a time to cast away.

A time to rend, and a time to sew
A time to be silent, and a time to speak.

A time to love, and a time to hate
A time of war, and a time of peace.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
New American Bible

You must remember that no two people have ever walked the same Camino twice. Even repeat-pilgrims have walked along the same path more than once and experienced different Caminos. I know, because it's happened to me. So the Camino is what you make of it. Whether you walk in in Spring or Autumn, it will be YOUR Camino, and no-one else's. It will be right for you.

Everything happens for a reason. If you're meant to walk in Spring, then that's what'll happen.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Prayer/good thoughts/good vibes

So, just as the zen masters said "you cannot put your foot into the same stream twice", you must begin the camino in the same philosophy....

You will begin the camino when it is time for you to do so. You may not agree with the timing, or the results, but beginning the camino is where your fate is leading you. You must live your life meaningfully in the meantime. Live it fully, live it meaningfully and live it as if you will never be there again....

lynne

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back