• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Prayers requested

Tina M.

Time of past OR future Camino
May 13, 2015
Hi all,

My husband is walking the camino and was in Calzadilla de los Hermanillos on the Frances route. Another pilgrim, who he's crossed paths with throughout the camino and just had a communal dinner with this past Saturday, passed away during the night. The pilgrim sharing a room with him tried to wake him but to no avail. A priest and my husband were having breakfast at this albergue and the priest was able to annoint him.

I don't want to share too much information so this thread is not deleted. This pilgrim is from the states and has a brother. He was not married nor does he have children. Please keep him and his family in your prayers. Also say a quick prayer for the safety of all the pilgrims walking and those that will walk in the future.

Thank you,
Tina

A selection of Camino Jewellery
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
He has ended one pilgrimage and started the next one. He is safe now. My thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends, fellow peregrin@s and the hospitaler@s at the albergue. Buen Camino hacia la eternidad, SY

PS One day I want to go like this ...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
My prayers for the family's loss, for the priest called to service, for your husband who probably feels many emotions right now, for the albergue personnel whose lives have been affected, for the pilgrims seeing their own mortality.

The one loss is actually many
Prayers to all
Nanc

So sorry to hear of this pilgrim's death. I will remember the pilgrim's brother and family, the man who couldn't wake him, Tina M husband and the hospitaler in my prayers tonight . Condolences to his family and may he rest in peace.

I ll keep this unknown pilgrim in my thoughts tonight. I feel bad for someone who traveled all the way from the USA to meet an early demise on a path that normally symbolizes life and a fresh start for some. Please people keep an eye on your fellow walkers and act quickly whenever someone hits a rough patch.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Santiago came during the nite and bid him...follow me... into that Good Morning.

What paths has he found? A Peregrino out among the River of Stars..

One day I think
We can ask him what he found as he was homeward bound.
For surely there are no tears, no angst..no fears
Out there among the Stars

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Will light a candle tonight and say a quiet little prayer for his Camino to the Stars.

Condolences to his family and friends.

How is your husband faring? It must have come as quite a shock. Our thoughts are with him too.

Peace and prayers

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi all,

My husband is walking the camino and was in Calzadilla de los Hermanillos on the Frances route. Another pilgrim, who he's crossed paths with throughout the camino and just had a communal dinner with this past Saturday, passed away during the night. The pilgrim sharing a room with him tried to wake him but to no avail. A priest and my husband were having breakfast at this albergue and the priest was able to annoint him.

I don't want to share too much information so this thread is not deleted. This pilgrim is from the states and has a brother. He was not married nor does he have children. Please keep him and his family in your prayers. Also say a quick prayer for the safety of all the pilgrims walking and those that will walk in the future.

Thank you,
Tina
Prayers going up.. sad. But what a place to go when it is your time!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I think it has all been said: and more beautifully by some than I could pen [William Garza!].
From his life camino, to his Santiago camino, to his heavenly camino ....
Lord God, bless us all as we walk our different ways, both now and in our times to come....

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
RIP, pilgrim. Condolences to his loved ones and fellow pilgrims.

My thoughts and prayers to him,his and all touched by this.
Buen Camino as his travels continue beyond

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
May he be 'flying free' now and forever Walking 'His Way' - Rest in Peace and condolences to his family.

He has ended one pilgrimage and started the next one. He is safe now. My thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends, fellow peregrin@s and the hospitaler@s at the albergue. Buen Camino hacia la eternidad, SY

PS One day I want to go like this ...
Thanks SY - for the way you always arrange your words. Spring flowers from South Africa - just for you. Barbara

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Yes, he did indeed pass away doing what he wanted to do. My husband said that he started last year and when he got to Burgos, he had an infection in his legs that halted his camino. So this year, instead of beginning in Burgos where he ended, he began in St. Jean. He commented several times how content he was to be on the camino. When they attend Mass, intentions are being said for this pilgrim.

For everything there is a season
A time for loving, a time to say goodbye
And in all this, God is near
Always guiding our way

May the road rise to meet you
May the wind be at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
May the rain fall soft upon your fields
And until we meet again
May you stay safe in the gentle loving arms of God

I will pray fo
Hi all,

Thank you,
Tina

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I will pray for the Pilgrim. I will also pray for his family. I have the experience of a loss like this.
My Blessings

Hi all,

Thank you,
Tina
Hi Tina,

I met this gentleman early on in my trip, but I didn't know him well. I have spoken to quite a few people and he had a positive effect on many. Many people were very upset to hear about his death. Sadly, a few days earlier there was also a German gentleman who did not wake up in the morning. The Camino gives and the Camino takes. It is a sobering reminder that everyone walking will have profound experiences, either directly or indirectly. Prayers will be said.

Hi all,

Thank you,
Tina

Condolences!
To his families, my thoughts and prayers will be offered.
Time flies, Eternity Awaits.
Buen Camino, CathyK

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back