• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pre book accomodation

Galway hopper

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino France's 2010 to 2013 2015 2017
Camino Portuguese 2014 2016
Hi all I start my Camino in Tomar in July 6th and have booked accommodation for the first night in Tomar. I am just wondering if I need to book in advance for the other days till Porto? I have already walked from Porto on twice before and am familiar with the route from there on but unsure if accommodation is hard come by in July?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
In my opinion there is no reason to book ahead.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I think if you’ve walked northern part of route already you know the answer to your own question. I assume it will be ok without reservations. Maybe there is a fiesta or national holiday at that time? I managed Lisbon to Santiago late April early May 2015 and route was quiet except for many cyclists on holiday weekend. Best to go without reservations / shopping list if possible.

Buen Camino.

I think if you’ve walked northern part of route already you know the answer to your own question. I assume it will be ok without reservations. Maybe there is a fiesta or national holiday at that time? I managed Lisbon to Santiago late April early May 2015 and route was quiet except for many cyclists on holiday weekend. Best to go without reservations / shopping list if possible.

Buen Camino.
Thanks crackmrmac I did encounter a few hostels that we full in my other Portuguese's and French Caminos which were in July I know that numbers of pilgrim's are much lower but was just afraid that with everyone heading for the one destination it might prove problematic.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The route from Lisbon is gaining in popularity but I don't feel there will be a need to book in advance, at least this year. There are less accommodation options in comparison to the route out of Porto but there are always small family run places and bombeiros in case of emergency, apart from regular albergues. I found the route out of Lisbon slightly more expensive then from Porto.

The route from Lisbon is gaining in popularity but I don't feel there will be a need to book in advance, at least this year. There are less accommodation options in comparison to the route out of Porto but there are always small family run places and bombeiros in case of emergency, apart from regular albergues. I found the route out of Lisbon slightly more expensive then from Porto.
Thanks

Thanks Surya . I will budget for the extra extra expense. Was a little wary but starting to get excited about it now.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
the accommodation wasn't a problem on the route from Lisbon but the much longer distances between towns and the lack of drinking water in many of the taps was a slight inconvenience and smth new to me. Be ready to walk from time to time without a cafe in sight, always have some water on you, especially in July, could be tricky there.

the accommodation wasn't a problem on the route from Lisbon but the much longer distances between towns and the lack of drinking water in many of the taps was a slight inconvenience and smth new to me. Be ready to walk from time to time without a cafe in sight, always have some water on you, especially in July, could be tricky there.
Thanks I am good for the water as I normally carry 1.5 litres when I walk will be a bit different with the distances and lack of Coke Zero breaks but fingers crossed. Thanks again for the advice it's great to get it.

Most read last week in this forum

Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back