• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pre-booking for albergues Camino Ingles June 2019?

rhkerr40

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles "2019"
Hello

A friend and I are hoping to walk the Camino Ingles next week (starting June 8th). We've booked accommodation in la Coruna/Ferrol and Santiago de Compostela for the end, and we were planning on using the albergues along the route.

We were not planning on pre-booking at all, and just turning up each day, but I've seen that some people are saying it's necessary to pre-book in case the beds run out.

Do Albergues take pre-bookings? And if so, should I book now or is it OK to book a couple of days before? Should we contact albergues directly, or is there an app/website that's best to use?

Thanks so much for your help, and very much looking forward to next week!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
If it were me, I would pre-book in the high season, most especially at the pinch point in Bruma. Both the La Coruña arm and the Ferrol arm join here, and more and more pilgrims are extending their Irish pilgrimage and continuing on from La Coruña. The albergue in Bruma is lovely, but houses only 26 pilgrims, so unless you want to join the great albergue race, your best option in peak season is to book in the town of O Meson do Vento. There are only two choices of hotels there, and they often sell out. (Do call though. I have heard that sometimes they save beds for pilgrims that aren't listed on booking sites). Consult my day six on the Camino Ingles, for more information on these hotels.

Also, if you plan a stop in Neda or Presedo (if you do the route in more than 5 days, most likely you will), Neda albergue has 28 beds and Presedo has only 16 beds. Because they are both in-between stops from the traditional stages, you may find a bed, since most pilgrims walk through to Pontedeume and Bruma. You can consult my day one and day five for more info on that!

Both Pontedeume (day two) and Betanzos (day four) are large enough towns, that even if the albergues are full, you will most likely find a place. But again, to be sure, you may want to pre-book a hotel.

The best option is to do the in-between stages, and if you see tons of pilgrims, be flexible to change your plans and/or book ahead!

Good luck and have a most glorious Camino!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Book ASAP .
I booked accommodation last October.

Hello,
My walking buddy and myself are starting on June 7th and started looking for Pensions and Hotels that are on the list of Paq Mochila - Correos in begin December and had already difficulties to book a place!?
I think a lot of People are starting in June this year.
So like said before, don't wait anymore if you want to be sure.
Otherwise start early in the morning....and start racing.
Like said before is to telephone the hotel directly because booking.com (to name one) and others have only some beds.
The hotel can still have some beds.
Buen Camino👣

Thanks everyone! We will definitely book Bruma now as it does seem to be filling up, and then we will play it by ear when we get there. We are doing the 5 day version, so hopefully as Elle Beiling says we can be flexible or find something the day before or get into the Albergues! Thanks!

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hurry up and book! Then the non bookable beds will be there when I trundle in at the end of the day!
Or will I just change my mind and go and swim in the river at Irotz? Hmm... a lot to consider here...

Thanks everyone! We will definitely book Bruma now as it does seem to be filling up, and then we will play it by ear when we get there. We are doing the 5 day version, so hopefully as Elle Beiling says we can be flexible or find something the day before or get into the Albergues! Thanks!
You can't book anything in Hospital de Bruma because there are just Xunta albergue (which shouldn't take reservations) and bar/restaurant, not even a shop. But approx.1km off the Camino from HdB is O Meson do Vento where you can book two private accommodations.

Hurry up and book! Then the non bookable beds will be there when I trundle in at the end of the day!
Or will I just change my mind and go and swim in the river at Irotz? Hmm... a lot to consider here...
Ahem, the OP is asking about accommodation in Hospital de Bruma which is on Camino Ingles (Galicia) and the only Irotz I can find is in Navarre (north of Pamplona)... ;)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back