• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pre-Camino musings 2017

naplesdon

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Multiple Caminos 2010 to 2019
I'm off in 2 weeks on 15 June.
This will be my 7th and possibly 8th (and final) Camino. If I survive the CF, then I plan to walk the CP for my dessert.
This will be in the style of a good friend from Australia, AJ, who come to the continent every summer and walks everywhere. I hope to bump into him this trip
My current plan due to some physical limitations with my right foot has me walking for 4 to 5 days from SJPdP days and then traveling by bicycle from Pamplona to SdC for 21 days. I plan to stop for a few days in SdC and then start again walking from Porto for 10 days.
This introductions is meant for those newbies who deal with the angst of beginning their Camino.
This is the second time I have started a Camino after making a major purchase of a vehicle which I can not finalize before I leave. We tend to make mountains out of mole hills, don't we?
We tend to throw every kind of barricades in the way of making a clean start.
BTW, This time it was 1967 Austin Healey and in 2013 it was 1983 2CV. You guys will appreciate it.
So I have the next 2 weeks to pay and pre-pay all my bills for the next 2 months, make sure there are sufficient funds in my accounts to cover whatever might arise, do whatever is necessary to protect my credit from fraud and pick out my seats on my flights. Oh, and yes pack my pack.
I've heard of all the horror stories about booking accommodations and all I've done is my first night at Orisson. The rest will take care of itself, except for the booking I've made at the Parador in Leon.
Believe me the only thing I am focused on at this minute is the peace of mind that will come over me after day three.

Attachments

• IMG_0893.JPG
    IMG_0893.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,327
  • DSCN0508.JPG
    DSCN0508.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Beautiful toys. I hope your two Caminos are just as beautiful.

Two really special cars!

I walked the Primitivo follwed immediately by the CP Coastal route.
It made a great combination as the routes in Spain and Portugal are very different.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Buen Camino, Don! Looking forward to seeing you in Santiago! BC SY

Don,
Buen camino and Carpe diem!
Wish you were coming north along the Marne so we could share a glass or two of the local bubbly!
Stay safe and, as always, Ultreia!
Margaret

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Don,
Buen camino and Carpe diem!
Wish you were coming north along the Marne so we could share a glass or two of the local bubbly!
Stay safe and, as always, Ultreia!
Margaret
I'll keep that in mind for 2018, Suseya!

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
Today is March 21, 1024 If you’re starting El Francés around this time, be warned that quite a few stretches between Rabanal del Camino and Molinaseca are in pretty bad shape. Lots of mud, and...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back