A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

...Just like all the other times I have made the decision to walk the Camino, something also happened in my mind this time. It is this feeling of "this feels just right"
The mind is getting ready; your body is getting ready, though lots of walking before heading off will be a VERY good idea. Another thing is that I really miss being on the Camino... walking it, feeling it, living and loving the simple life.

Back in Denmark before my last 3 Camino's I would go to the gym, use the stairmaster and the treadmill and add some gravity to it... just to practise "climbing" the mountains... Now here in Barcelona I actually have the real thing outside my windows. I have real mountains to practise on. I can walk up and down. I can even cross a mountain when going home from work. So from now on I will walk home at least twice a week climbing "Mont Juïc" (mountain of the Jews). which will give some good practise...

My tickets are now paid for and I am now counting the days... Currently 57 days to go.

I will start out in Burgos. Get on the night-train from Barcelona, September 5th. and sleep my way to Burgos where the train will arrive approx at 7am the next morning, and I will be ready to walk...

- My "goal" is to reach the coast at Fisterra or Muxia... but my main goal is to relax, disconnect, enjoy and just feel that I am alive... A flight will wait for me on September 28th. in Santiago... and I will head back to Barcelona where my life is now. So if I get no further that León or Santiago or if I make it to the coast... is not really important. I only wish I had an extra week, could walk a longer stretch... but just being there will be satisfying for me ;-)

I even felt the fever this morning on my way to work, when I met two backpackers...

Animo! y Buen Camino a Todos ;-)

OLDER threads on this topic

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • March

Votes: 17 5.2%
  • April

Votes: 58 17.6%
  • May

Votes: 80 24.2%
  • June