• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Pre-departure covid test to enter France by air?

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

SallyJane

Time of past OR future Camino
Future
I've been researching entry requirements for France arriving by air. I think the France govt site says a PCR or ATK is required within 48hrs of departure to France but I thought that was finished. I'm triple valued FYI.

Does anyone have any recent experience? I've been travelling through several countries recently and my brain is probably just overloaded with each countries ever changing requirements.

With thanks

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
This link to a Covid information site for travelers to France published by the French government was posted in another thread recently and may be helpful for you:

As @C clearly said, it all depends what country you're coming from. Check to see if the country you're coming from falls into the "green" or "orange" category and proceed from there. Buen Camino!

Edit: I see that you posted that you were coming from Thailand as I was posting this reponse. As you said, it's an "orange" country - which means that as of March 22 you must provide proof of your booster shot as well as a "sworn statement" (presumably given at your arrival to France) attesting that you are free from Covid symptoms and have not come into contact with anyone exhibiting them.

The above site explicitly states that "No test is required to travel to mainland France from a country classified on the orange list for vaccinated travellers." So if you're vaxxed and boosted, I don't think you need to worry about getting tested immediately before your trip unless of course you are symptomatic or have reason to believe you have been in contact with someone who is.

Last edited:
Orange list :

Vaccinated persons shall be under no restrictions when entering metropolitan France.

Health control measures​

If already vaccinated :​

• proof of vaccination status; Since February 1, 2022, in order for their vaccination schedule to remain recognized as complete, persons aged eighteen or over wishing to enter the national territory must have received a dose of complementary messenger RNA vaccine no later than 9 months following the injection of the last required dose.
  • a sworn statement attesting to the absence of symptoms of covid-19 infection and contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19 to enter the metropolitan territory.
No test is required to travel to mainland France from a country classified on the “orange” list for vaccinated travellers.

This link to a Covid information site for travelers to France published by the French government was posted in another thread recently and may be helpful for you:

As @C clearly said, it all depends what country you're coming from. Check to see if the country you're coming from falls into the "green" or "orange" category and proceed from there. Buen Camino!

Edit: I see that you posted that you were coming from Thailand as I was posting this reponse. As you said, it's an "orange" country - which means that as of March 22 you must provide proof of your booster shot as well as a "sworn statement" (presumably given at your arrival to France) attesting that you are free from Covid symptoms and have not come into contact with anyone exhibiting them.

The above site explicitly states that "No test is required to travel to mainland France from a country classified on the orange list for vaccinated travellers." So if you're vaxxed and boosted, I don't think you need to worry about getting tested immediately before your trip unless of course you are symptomatic or have reason to believe you have been in contact with someone who is.
Thanks. Some of the sites are slow to update with the latest requirements so it can get a little confusing because they conflict. I've taken screen shots of the official website stating the requirements you have laid out.

I appreciate your help. I hate having to travel so organised (but I've seen too many people refused boarding planes recently).

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks. Some of the sites are slow to update with the latest requirements so it can get a little confusing because they conflict. I've taken screen shots of the official website stating the requirements you have laid out.

Yes, it’s very confusing - especially with so many sources changing all the time. Government websites are obviously the most authoritative but even those can be difficult to keep track of. Glad that this one helped answer your questions. Buen Camino to you!

Thanks for the response everyone, very interesting. Does this mean that we no longer need to fill in the eOS-COVID form. We've already done one but worried that the question "Do you have any symptoms of Covid-19" only has a drop down menu where there's no option to answer no.
You either select that you have symptoms, you're asymptomatic or you don't know.
We filled ours in as being asymptomatic, but that doesn't seem to be very clear.
The dictionary definition of asymptomatic is "When a person is asymptomatic, they have a condition, disease, illness, or infection but do not show or develop any signs or symptoms of that condition.".
Which seem to suggest that we have it, when we don't.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thanks for the response everyone, very interesting. Does this mean that we no longer need to fill in the eOS-COVID form. We've already done one but worried that the question "Do you have any symptoms of Covid-19" only has a drop down menu where there's no option to answer no.
You either select that you have symptoms, you're asymptomatic or you don't know.
We filled ours in as being asymptomatic, but that doesn't seem to be very clear.
The dictionary definition of asymptomatic is "When a person is asymptomatic, they have a condition, disease, illness, or infection but do not show or develop any signs or symptoms of that condition.".
Which seem to suggest that we have it, when we don't.
In that case you should probably answer "don't know".

Having said that, France is presently enforcing no quarantine requirements anyway.

In that case you should probably answer "don't know".

Having said that, France is presently enforcing no quarantine requirements anyway.
Cheers, I might re-do it and say "don't know" just in case.

I've been researching entry requirements for France arriving by air. I think the France govt site says a PCR or ATK is required within 48hrs of departure to France but I thought that was finished. I'm triple valued FYI.

Does anyone have any recent experience? I've been travelling through several countries recently and my brain is probably just overloaded with each countries ever changing requirements.

With thanks
I flew in & out of Marseilles France last week from London (Orange) and only needed Passport, no PCR required as I'm fully vaccinated and had my vacc cert. with me and the sworn statement but they didn't look at these, France has dropped nearly all restrictions. Buen Camino

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back