Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

COVID Pre-departure tests for Covid (Arrival in Paris Airport) & (Departing from Santiago de Compostela/Barcelona Airport)

Book your Bus ticket here

Steffy86

Past OR future Camino
Camino in Sept/Oct/Nov 2022 (via the French route)
Dear all,

Does anyone know if arrivals at Paris' airport requires Covid tests (for the unvaxxed). Also when departing from Santiago de Compostela Airport and Barcelona Airport in Spain, if Covid tests are required?

What is the land crossing into Spain from France like (post-Covid), do they do checks at the border crossing for vaccine passes etc?

I'm planning to walk the Camino via the French route (Flying into Paris from where I live in New Zealand)

Thank you,
Stephanie

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
F

Former member 95219

Dear all,

Does anyone know if arrivals at Paris' airport requires Covid tests (for the unvaxxed). Also when departing from Santiago de Compostela Airport and Barcelona Airport in Spain, if Covid tests are required?

What is the land crossing into Spain from France like (post-Covid), do they do checks at the border crossing for vaccine passes etc?

I'm planning to walk the Camino via the French route (Flying into Paris from where I live in New Zealand)

Thank you,
Stephanie
Hi there. Had a look online and I think you do need a pre departure test if not vaccinated to arrive In France. But it makes complex reading and I say that with no certainty! Worth checking what your airline(s) require, and also any country you are transitting through.

I think once yiu are in France/Spain you should be fine but journeys still tend to have quite a high level of requirements!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 105 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads