• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pre Ingles walk from Sleaford church to Lincoln cathedral

darronb

I am planning to walk from sleaford to Lincoln cathedral. This was a medieval pilgrimage route. It is approx 22 miles. Will get pilgrim passport stamped on route. Do you guys think this will be ok as additional milage for la caruna to Santiago.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I am planning to walk from sleaford to Lincoln cathedral. This was a medieval pilgrimage route. It is approx 22 miles. Will get pilgrim passport stamped on route. Do you guys think this will be ok as additional milage for la caruna to Santiago.

La Coruna ? I think so.

Edit: “ I think so” meaning this “additional mileage” will be recognized.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
You would need to write the distance in kms not miles as you need to show it as at least 25kms, which it is.

Take a Google maps printout showing your approximate route in kms. That will help the good voluntarios in the Pilgrims Office. And yes, your additional pilgrimage will entitle you to claim an Ingles compostella.

I've walked it from Little Hale. If you ask very, very nicely (and in advance) they may let you walk the old roman road (runway) at RAF Scrampton and up to Brough and the old causeway across the Humber. But you don't need to: Sleaford to Lincoln will do.

Buen camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Would not have thought of that. this is going to probably sound stupid but. Where would I write the distance done on my passport.
We walked with a small pedometer and marked our daily kms underneath where the sello was put. No-one actually checked it but in Spain the general distances are known. If you are concerned then @Tincatinker 's idea is good, or ask the cathedral to verify it for you.

Take a Google maps printout showing your approximate route in kms. That will help the good voluntarios in the Pilgrims Office. And yes, your additional pilgrimage will entitle you to claim an Ingles compostella.

I've walked it from Little Hale. If you ask very, very nicely (and in advance) they may let you walk the old roman road (runway) at RAF Scrampton and up to Brough and the old causeway across the Humber. But you don't need to: Sleaford to Lincoln will do.

Buen camino.
Thanks much appreciated

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have spoken to the church in Sleaford and they are going to do a letter of confirmation for km done. Will have a printout of map and route also. Fingers crossed that will be enough

I have spoken to the church in Sleaford and they are going to do a letter of confirmation for km done. Will have a printout of map and route also. Fingers crossed that will be enough
If the cathedral does not have a sello then ask in the bookshop (if it has one) or ask a member of staff to sign the credencial for you. We used the 'I have visited Exeter Cathedral' sticker one year and the bookshop stamp another - with the date written underneath.

If the cathedral does not have a sello then ask in the bookshop (if it has one) or ask a member of staff to sign the credencial for you. We used the 'I have visited Exeter Cathedral' sticker one year and the bookshop stamp another - with the date written underneath.
We did the walk last weekend, really enjoyed it. We were very fortunate in that we were able to get our credentials stamped quite a few places and the vicar at sleaford did indeed confirm the distance we walked. I am now counting the days until we depart for Spain. Many thanks to those who replied to my post.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

In the past year or so the Camino Society Ireland has been busy promoting the combination of a 25+km pilgrim walk in Ireland & the shorter Camino Ingles from A Coruna as "the Celtic Camino". Should we be thinking of rebranding @Tincatinker 's suggestion as "the Dambusters Camino"? :)

In the past year or so the Camino Society Ireland has been busy promoting the combination of a 25+km pilgrim walk in Ireland & the shorter Camino Ingles from A Coruna as "the Celtic Camino". Should we be thinking of rebranding @Tincatinker 's suggestion as "the Dambusters Camino"? :)
The Dambusters Camino I think this would be brilliant name for @Tincatinker 's suggested route

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back