• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Prepaid SIM card Wiki

Prepaid SIM card Wiki 2017-09-20

No permission to download
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Greetings,

We may not have the critical mass to create and maintain this. In the short term people might find these links useful:
http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Spain
http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/France
http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Portugal

It's likely that somebody will be able to point out some difference with an experience which they had (but that will occur with any source).

¡Buen Camino!

Thank you for all this information ...
A bit of an information over load to be honest .....
Can anyone point out an Spanish unlimited data package with the most coverage for along the French way ?
30 euros or so which will give unlimited data or a good amount of data and some call credit ! , Or am I been to sceptical and should except the crumbs of the network providers and be happy with what I get ..

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My wife is using Vodafone with good results.

Includes 2 or 4G data and 55 mins of talk time for 30 days

Price is 20 euro

We got $gs and 80 minutes on Orange this summer good in Spain Portugal France and England.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
What is a good plan that I can buy in the US? It's only for texting and occasional phone calls from France & Spain to the US. I was thinking of the National Geographic/Cellular Abroad but reviews are very mixed. Does someone have practical experience with that plan? Also, will a 2G multiband travel phone like the Blu Zoey Flex 130 still work at all in the US? I am somewhat at a loss. Thankx!

We were on the Camino Frances last summer Sep-Oct and bought an Orange SIM card with 4 gigabytes of data a month and 100 mins and it cost us 40 euros. Next summer we will go for the 3gig option which would have cost 30 euros. Used the Orange SIm in Spain Portugal France and England. Bought it in Pamplona by which time I had spent more on roaming charges than I paid the for rest of the trip. We used a Iphone 5s and swapped out the SIM card. Sounds daunting the first time but actually very easy.

Thankx. I would do this myself, but want to have a ready-to-use phone for a friend. I read so many negative reviews of Cellular Abroad (The National Geographic SIM card) that I won't use it, too risky that it won't work once there. Can one buy a SIM card in Bayonne? I have only a tracfone now and am contemplating joining T-Mobile, with a prepaid monthly plan, if it is hassle-free both here and there. But what phone to get for the trip? Most travel phones are 2G and 3G.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back