• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Preparing the Inner Journey

Mony Dojeiji

Pilgrim. Rome to Jerusalem.
Time of past OR future Camino
At a recent Camino 101 gathering (virtual), I was asked to speak about preparing the mental, emotional and spiritual elements of pilgrimage. Many of these ideas I present in my book WALKING ALONE, A PILGRIM'S GUIDE TO THE INNER JOURNEY.

This is the video:

Unlike physical preparations, there are no checklists. No “do this, do that”. This is a much more personal and reflective offering, and all I can do is share with you my experiences and the lessons I’ve learned from my pilgrimages walking the Camino and from Rome to Jerusalem in the hopes that they serve you to walk the inner path that – to me – defines pilgrimage.

Buen camino!

Mony

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
At a recent Camino 101 gathering (virtual), I was asked to speak about preparing the mental, emotional and spiritual elements of pilgrimage. Many of these ideas I present in my book WALKING ALONE, A PILGRIM'S GUIDE TO THE INNER JOURNEY.

This is the video:

Unlike physical preparations, there are no checklists. No “do this, do that”. This is a much more personal and reflective offering, and all I can do is share with you my experiences and the lessons I’ve learned from my pilgrimages walking the Camino and from Rome to Jerusalem in the hopes that they serve you to walk the inner path that – to me – defines pilgrimage.

Buen camino!

Mony
Best advise I got from you, dear Mony, as I prepared for my 1st Camino in 2012. It kept me going once injured. That inner strenght kicked in when all else failed. Light and Love.

Best advise I got from you, dear Mony, as I prepared for my 1st Camino in 2012. It kept me going once injured. That inner strenght kicked in when all else failed. Light and Love.
Thanks so much for your comment, my dear Ingrid. We so often undervalue the power of what's happening in our minds and in our hearts to carry us forward. I'm happy the words served your journey! <3

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Watched about ten minutes then jumped ahead and watched a little more. Did not move the needle for me. Tip for @Mony Dojeiji you too often gesture with a hand that passes in front of your face. For me this became very disruptive and interfered with what you were trying to communicate. I am an atheist, thereby not a pilgrim, so probably a little unreceptive to your message. However, I gave it a try.

Watched about ten minutes then jumped ahead and watched a little more. Did not move the needle for me. Tip for @Mony Dojeiji you too often gesture with a hand that passes in front of your face. For me this became very disruptive and interfered with what you were trying to communicate. I am an atheist, thereby not a pilgrim, so probably a little unreceptive to your message. However, I gave it a try.
Gotta love unsolicited advice!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

This is the video:

Buen camino!

Mony
Thanks! Your timely reminder to allow my inner guide to guide me completely turned around my approach to a current area of my life.

Tip for @TMcA consider that your desire to perfect communication may be what is preventing you from hearing the message.

Yes, I read your book prior to my journey... Made it to Jerusalem but without falling in love with my walking partner 😳😉 Much love to you both 🙂

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Yes, I read your book prior to my journey... Made it to Jerusalem but without falling in love with my walking partner 😳😉 Much love to you both 🙂
My thanks for your comment! It's always good to meet another fellow pilgrim to Jerusalem. Where did you start?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

This is the video:

Buen camino!

Mony
Light and Love to you dear Mony and many thanks for all your words of wisdom. <3

Most read last week in this forum

Mary Colwell’s new book The Gathering Place: A Winter Pilgrimage Through Changing Times. Why did it make the 2024 shortlist of the best travel books? Several of the books on the shortlist are...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.