• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Presentation Material - to share?

nedspencer

They gave me this T-shirt to stop me singing!
Time of past OR future Camino
May 2013 - Camino Frances.
Sep 2015 - Del Norte from Santander
Sep 2017 - Ingles from Ferrol
Hello Peregrinos
I am sure that many of you out there have been asked to give a "presentation" on returning home from your camino. Maybe to a church group or whatever.
I have been asked to give a presentation in February next year.
I have (lots of!) photographs - but I am looking for help with general information.
EG The history / The routes / Statistics / etc
Does any material exist out there that would help me?
Hopefully say in PowerPoint format?
This might be something we could "donate" to the CSJ office who could then share it with others.
Thanks in advance
Ned

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Are you a CSJ member? as you say about donating material to the CSJ office. If you check out their webpage, or look in the members bulletin, you might find what you need, otherwise an e-mail to the office and the new librarian should help (her name is in the new bulletin).

http://www.csj.org.uk/library.htm

Last edited:
Are you a CSJ member? as you say about donating material to the CSJ office. If you check out their webpage, or look in the members bulletin, you might find what you need, otherwise an e-mail to the office and the new librarian should help (her name is in the new bulletin).

http://www.csj.org.uk/library.htm
Hi - yes I am a member and I have been in touch with Marion in the office. She has nothing in PowerPoint format - hence my post.
I'm sure someone out there will have done this already?
Ned

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hope you get a positive response. We simply made a folder of our photos and then used the windows 'slide show' facility. The basic info we gave as talk not a 'presentation' so we cannot help - sorry

I was asked to give a presentation to a local (non religious) club earlier this year. Having never done anything like this before, I worked very hard to give the most professional presentation I could muster. Although I was quite anxious and had lost a lot of sleep over my efforts, I was told that it went very well.

I did include a number of facts and figures, which were well received, but I believe your personal experience is much more important to your audience. I practised running through my talk over and over again, and I am sure this paid off. I would say that the only thing I would do differently, which can only come with experience, is to rely less on my notes and talk in a more off-hand manner, because my head was down too much of the time. Although I have to say, when I mentioned this in discussion to various members of the audience after the event, no-one really noticed. I guess there were almost 50 people present and they asked some very personal questions after my presentation, which wasn't an issue.

Practice to your friends and family and get feedback on your presentation. If you would like a copy of my notes on facts and figures, just let me know.

I used "photostory" for the presentation, with no previous experience of this software - it worked very well. Good luck.

ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1386101495.842731.jpg

.....Camino Frances with my daughter: http://magwood.wordpress.com

Last edited:
I just gave a presentation with a powerpoint I created. But the historical, spiritual and statistical notes were written out on a legal pad. I could send an outline if someone were interested.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I
I just gave a presentation with a powerpoint I created. But the historical, spiritual and statistical notes were written out on a legal pad. I could send an outline if someone were interested.
I am interested for I too will give a presentation.

I am often giving presentations on the Camino asoneof my hobbies is public speaking. My mind is such that it "sorts" things into categories ans so when I make speeches / presentations I organise it in this way. I show photos of the paths / signs, accommodation, churches, fellow peregrinos, plants, wayside crosses,odds and sodds etc etc. The way I do this is to turn my photos into a DVD using windows movie maker (I am not a technological expert). I group my photos, insert the same symbolic photo between each section (eg a shell), which then indicates when to pause the DVD, and add music that is either appropriate to the photos or which is significant to me and my Camino experience. I also add a label on each photo if it is appropriate.

I talk about each group of photos and relevant stories and then just press play and allow the viewers to have an impression of what I saw. This way the audience gets more of a feeling of what it was like than if I were to stop after each photo and talk to each one.

Along with a map I put a scanned copy of one of my Compostela and a portion of one of the credentials.

I find a DVD easier to work with, as opposed to power point and once the basic one has been created it is pretty easy to modify it for subsequent speeches - and a wonderful way to relive and day dream about the Camino!.

Oh, and the other thing I do is usually begin and end with a quotation, one of which I posted elswhere on the quotes thread. I will often end by reading several paragraphs from the introduction in Kevin Codd's book - the bit about dusty bones, and racing off to find out the story - a great summary of the pull that the Camino holds for so many of us!
Janet

Speak from the heart, don't show TEXT if you can avoid it, your ENTHUSIASM is what will make the most impact on the audience.
Technology is wonderful, and pictures really do speak thousands of words , but if the power goes , it's down to you !
Good luck , and ENJOY , it shows !

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back