• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Presents for children in Santiago

peregrina2000

Staff member
If you have gotten your fill of cheap trinkets and t-shirts, I just found an alternative yesterday. Wandering around the edge of the old town, we came across a toy store that was filled with really nice toys and games. Admittedly, none of the stuff is camino related, but the things I got yesterday are pretty certain to give far more pleasure than what I've bought my grandkids over the last few years.

The name of the store is Chafaris.
Address is Algalia de Arriba 16

And in the store you can get a nice map with names, addresses, and descriptions of all the businesses in the old town who self-identify as being outside the typical "souvenir store" model. Unfortunately it was almost 8 pm on my last day in Santiago when I saw this map so I didn't have time to check any others out. Next time!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I've been there.
I agree with Sil, the toys are quality toys, not junk.
I bought some wooden dishes for my granddaughter one year.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
It is a beautiful shop . When I passed it this spring I was thinking for whom I could buy something. Alas my friends' childeren are too old for these kind of toys :)

Nice to know about the shop, but also can someone tell me please whats going on in the Praza do Obradoiro on the new stage. I am curious, watching it on the web cam, thank you.

@peregrina2000, apologies if this seems like hijacking your welcome thread but wanted to draw attention to the excellent shop in San Martin Pinario. It is so easy to overlook it as it is down a long corridor on the ground floor. My daughter - well past the age for toys (well, that is according to the child development books) - thought the packs of herbal sweets I brought back from there the best present of all.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Nice to know about the shop, but also can someone tell me please whats going on in the Praza do Obradoiro on the new stage. I am curious, watching it on the web cam, thank you.

This is just a temporary stage for a concert scheduled there for Friday night. It will be a full orchestra and I believe they will be doing a Beethoven symphony. There are a few forum members going who may report back.

At peregrina2000 and jonarv thank you for your replies, curiosity satisfied.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know a good shop I SDC where they have local cheeses, hams and other delicacies to take home?
The Galicia Rail pass is available to anyone who completes the Camino and is awarded the completion certificate. It allows for 3 days of train travel and also discounts to other places you may...
Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?
For those who are in Santiago 🙏🏻

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.