Search 62305 Camino Questions

Price Increases In Galicia

bpondugula

Hallo all

For all the contemplating peregrinos , I heard on TV Galicia, that the prices of Wine, Tapas and Coffee are proposed to be increased by 5% by the Galician Hoteliers. Maybe Ivar could shed some light on this.

Regards
Bharat

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think there is a decision made that everything will be increased by 5%. I think it is more the fact that after new year, people are talking about all the increases in prices (and the lack of increase in salaries) and the TV (and news papers as well) does a story on it.

Also, these things you mention has generally been very cheap in Galicia to begin with. Buy as in many places, what happens when there is a steady increase of foreign tourists suddenly arriving? Prices start to go up... Today, I think, for many foreigners Galicia seems very cheap. But for many locals prices are going through the roof and they find it expensive. The price of the "success" of more tourists I guess.

Greetings from a rainy Santiago,
Ivar

Most read last week in this forum

This morning I walked from O Cebreiro to Triacastela. The first couple of km on snow mostly through woodland. After that I chickened out and walked down the road :cool: For a few hundred metres I...
I’ll be starting my first Camino in just over a month. Like many of you, I’ve read the guidebooks, travel literature, perused this site quite thoroughly, followed blogs, have watched vlogs and...
Hello! I’m looking for a great itinerary from the SJPP to Camino Finisterre. I am not sure what stages are good to double and yet I don’t want to miss the gems along the way. I would like to try...
Last Fall, I walked through San Anton and fell in love. Toward the end of May, I'll be walking through again and would love to stay in the tiny albergue in the ruins. Most of the posts I'm seeing...
Not that anyone other than myself cares, but I'm extremely excited that after more than two years of planning and dreaming, I just booked my flights. If I had booked a few weeks ago the price...
I've searched the forums but can't quite find what I'm looking for so I apologize if there's been a discussion about this. I'm starting in April this year and I'm looking for budget friendly...

How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2023 Camino Guides