A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Priced out our Via de la Plata trek today

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
So Joe and I spent the day today booking and pricing our VDLP walk from March 5 to April 14, 2020.
We will walk from Zafra to Astorga, then spend Semana Santa in Segovia, 2 nights in Madrid, then fly home.
We are very excited to finally finish this route which we began in 2009 !!
I picked up a portion of it in 2013 to Caceres, but we're going BACK to Zafra so Joe can pick up his stages.

With airfare, 3 train rides (Madrid to Zafra, Astorga to Segovia, Segovia to Madrid), all of our lodging costs, $30/day each for food (we picnic a lot), and a bit of a buffer for taxis, etc., the grand total comes to about $2325 per person.

henrythedog

Loved and fed by David
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2017, 2018, 2019, Ingles 2018, (Madrid 2019 partial - retired hurt!) (more planned)
So Joe and I spent the day today booking and pricing our VDLP walk from March 5 to April 14, 2020.
We will walk from Zafra to Astorga, then spend Semana Santa in Segovia, 2 nights in Madrid, then fly home.
I picked up a portion of it in 2013 to Caceres, but we're going BACK to Zafra so Joe can pick up his stages.

With airfare, 3 train rides (Madrid to Zafra, Astorga to Segovia, Segovia to Madrid), all of our lodging costs, $30/day each for food (we picnic a lot), and a bit of a buffer for taxis, etc., the grand total comes to about $2325 per person.
Staying at home is not ‘free’, so knock off the airfares and it’s about $300 per person per week? Incremental cost over staying at home, what - $150 per week? You would be crazy not to. Bargain!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).

Buen camino.

Dennis52

Camino(s) past & future
FRENCH WAY 2016

I plan on starting March 19, 2020

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2020? Looks like.... nowhere! 😁

Buen camino 🙂

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
I have a blog which I started last year and will continue with - https://wordpress.com/posts/viadelaplata.home.blog
I fly out on 4 Feb to Seville and will get the bus up to Fuente de Cantos and start walking on 5 Feb.
Is there a word I should search on? This just put me at Wordpress but not your blog and not the posts about the VDLP. I also have blog posts about the stretches from Seville to Fuente de Cantos:

And Zafra to Caceres:

Simon B

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Ingles and Camino Frances. VDLP Spring 2019
Is there a word I should search on? This just put me at Wordpress but not your blog and not the posts about the VDLP. I also have blog posts about the stretches from Seville to Fuente de Cantos:

And Zafra to Caceres:
Try this - https://wordpress.com/read/feeds/92169445

O Peracha

Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy to Santiago (2014)
Annapurna Base, Nepal (2014)
GR 5 - Holland to Pompey, France (2015)
Lisbon to Finesterre (2016)
The last week of March was hot????? Whoooooops! I may have to change my flights.

msbabb

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francais (Fall, 2018)
Hoping to walk this route with my husband in spring or fall 2020, so will be following. Buen Camino!

DeansFamily

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 18/916/10/17 Muxia/Finisterre 18/10-22/10/17 Norte 21/4-29/5/18 Primitive 20/9-5/10/18 VdlP
If there’s anything you need checked along the way we are glad to help. :)

Paddy Brock

Paddy J Brock Ireland
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2014, Camino Frances / Plus Finisterre 2015, Camino Portugese 2016 and Via de la plata April 2017 in planning
Hoping to walk this route with my husband in spring or fall 2020, so will be following. Buen Camino!
Hoping to start circa April 24th , 2020 and love to hear of others starting around that time , Paddy a 73 years young Irishman

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 326 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock