• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Priced out our Via de la Plata trek today

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
So Joe and I spent the day today booking and pricing our VDLP walk from March 5 to April 14, 2020.
We will walk from Zafra to Astorga, then spend Semana Santa in Segovia, 2 nights in Madrid, then fly home.
We are very excited to finally finish this route which we began in 2009 !!
I picked up a portion of it in 2013 to Caceres, but we're going BACK to Zafra so Joe can pick up his stages.

With airfare, 3 train rides (Madrid to Zafra, Astorga to Segovia, Segovia to Madrid), all of our lodging costs, $30/day each for food (we picnic a lot), and a bit of a buffer for taxis, etc., the grand total comes to about $2325 per person.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
So Joe and I spent the day today booking and pricing our VDLP walk from March 5 to April 14, 2020.
We will walk from Zafra to Astorga, then spend Semana Santa in Segovia, 2 nights in Madrid, then fly home.
I picked up a portion of it in 2013 to Caceres, but we're going BACK to Zafra so Joe can pick up his stages.

With airfare, 3 train rides (Madrid to Zafra, Astorga to Segovia, Segovia to Madrid), all of our lodging costs, $30/day each for food (we picnic a lot), and a bit of a buffer for taxis, etc., the grand total comes to about $2325 per person.

Staying at home is not ‘free’, so knock off the airfares and it’s about $300 per person per week? Incremental cost over staying at home, what - $150 per week? You would be crazy not to. Bargain!

Buen camino.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

I plan on starting March 19, 2020

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Buen camino 🙂

I have a blog which I started last year and will continue with - https://wordpress.com/posts/viadelaplata.home.blog
I fly out on 4 Feb to Seville and will get the bus up to Fuente de Cantos and start walking on 5 Feb.

Is there a word I should search on? This just put me at Wordpress but not your blog and not the posts about the VDLP. I also have blog posts about the stretches from Seville to Fuente de Cantos:

And Zafra to Caceres:

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Is there a word I should search on? This just put me at Wordpress but not your blog and not the posts about the VDLP. I also have blog posts about the stretches from Seville to Fuente de Cantos:

And Zafra to Caceres:
Try this - https://wordpress.com/read/feeds/92169445

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The last week of March was hot????? Whoooooops! I may have to change my flights.

Hoping to walk this route with my husband in spring or fall 2020, so will be following. Buen Camino!

If there’s anything you need checked along the way we are glad to help. :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hoping to walk this route with my husband in spring or fall 2020, so will be following. Buen Camino!
Hoping to start circa April 24th , 2020 and love to hear of others starting around that time , Paddy a 73 years young Irishman

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back