Primitivo Advice

caminokatie42

Time of past OR future Camino
Last: Camino Frances, Portuguese
Next: Le Puy
Hi fellow pilgrims!
I have 2 weeks in Spain this summer and am thinking the Camino Primitivo is my best option. How busy do you think this route will be in late June and would it be a better option to secure all accommodation in advance? I've done 3 Caminos before (Frances, Portuguese and Ingles) and liked not booking ahead but it was spring and quite quiet. I'm thinking after Covid times and with it being a Holy Year, there's going to be a lot of foot traffic. Can anyone shed any light?

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Nothing wrong with reservations in advance - especially in the summer! It will give you peace of mind knowing you will have a bed waiting for you at the end of the day after an arduous walk!
Ultreïa!

Hi, like you I prefer not knowing where I'm sleeping till I get there. I walked the primitivo about 6 years ago and had a few times where beds were hard to find. Looking at the number of pilgrims arriving in SDC now I think this is going to be a busy year, my advice would be to book ahead where you can.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Back