Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Primitivo and Inglese ebook guide advice

Fatty Walker

Time of past OR future Camino
France
Hi
Looking for advice on ebook guides to the primitivo and inglese, I bought the 2 CSJ kindle guides to the Portuguese a couple of weeks ago and was looking for different guides to the primitivo and inglese as not impressed with the layout of the CSJ guides on kindle. I also just found out that the Portuguese guides that I bought are being superseded very soon so I've payed my money for outdated guides

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The two guides for the route from Lisbon to Oporto and then from Oporto to Santiago are current and up to date. The CSJ is publishing a new separate guide to the Portuguese Coastal Route and the Littoral variants. Thereafter there will be a new Guide to the Braga route.

Perhaps an app would suit you better and many pilgrims recommend the apps produced by Wisepilgrim.

Buen Camino

I used the current CSJ electronic CP guide to walk from Porto last November and found it as up to date as can be. Of course of the nature of anything in print it starts going out of date immediately, bit by bit;). At that time the ebook version was not available, but I downloaded PDF version from CSJ. I actually printed out the pages I needed, as I find it easier to read (and less draining on phone battery). But as a guide I found it excellent and if I were leaving tomorrow, I would use it again.
I had Brierley too, because I am a 'completist'. And I had the Wise Pilgrim app as well. Oh and I bought that little Portuguese book with a little hole in very page in Livraria Lello in Porto. More is better in my view!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Have you looked at the guide on this forum made by a member? Laurie has it posted as a PDF file and you can print it in booklet format. There are some errors regarding albergues in a couple places but it seems to be a good option. I'm also taking the wise pilgrim app the Buen editorial. Really don't needs anything else for the Primitivo route.

Thanks for your replies, I'm looking for an ebook as I'm planning walking the Portuguese then the Primitivo followed by the Inglés this summer and weight is a big factor of carrying paper. Ebooks are great because I'll have my phone with me anyway and they don't weigh anything. Only stipulation is that it is formatted as an ebook so I can change the font size due to failing eyesight that's why I don't like the CSJ guides or PDF'S. Will look into the wise pilgrim apps as I used the Camino pilgrim android app before and I thought that was fantastic, just a shame they only do that one for the French Way.

Hi
Looking for advice on ebook guides to the primitivo and inglese, I bought the 2 CSJ kindle guides to the Portuguese a couple of weeks ago and was looking for different guides to the primitivo and inglese as not impressed with the layout of the CSJ guides on kindle. I also just found out that the Portuguese guides that I bought are being superseded very soon so I've payed my money for outdated guides
Cicerone have a guidebook for all the Northern caminos available as an ebook. I have it and it's pretty good.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Just a heads up, bought both the wise pilgrim apps for the Inglés and Primitivo and they both keep crashing on the accommodation pages so not worth the money

Just a heads up, bought both the wise pilgrim apps for the Inglés and Primitivo and they both keep crashing on the accommodation pages so not worth the money
Liz Brandt's guide (pdf) which covers the del Norte and Camino Primitivo is really good. I uploaded it to my phone. Also there's a handy accommodation list somewhere here on the forum for the Primitivo. Doesn't have everything but between all the guides you'll have you'll be sorted :)

PS the app didn't crash on me. Finding it great :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We used both Wise Pilgrim Primitivo and Norte guides last year, and had no problems with the accomodation pages. I just checked again, looking at Grado in the Primitivo app. I selected The Provinces > Austurias > scrolled to Grado, tapped it to load info, scrolled to bottom where it has "where to sleep". tapped that and it loaded Albergues, listing the albergue there, plus Pension Narcea and Hotel El Lacayo de Sestiello. I tapped the Albergue de Peregrinos de Grado and it gave me phone no, beds, hours, etc. This is all in airplane mode.

If you instead of tapping "where to sleep" tapped "show on map" or booking.com then it would require internet access and could crash if not available.

Is it possible you have a device problem such as too many apps for the amount of memory you have?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
If you instead of tapping "where to sleep" tapped "show on map" or booking.com then it would require internet access and could crash if not available.

Is it possible you have a device problem such as too many apps for the amount of memory you have?

I don't think so as I have one of the fastest phones and lots of free memory. It is possible that there is a conflict with already installed apps but finding which one is practicality impossible, they just don't work on my phone

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back